The National Foundation for Civil Society Development has been appointed by Croatian Ministry of Foreign Affairs since 2008. It has been also regularly re-endorsed by members. The mission of the National Foundation for Civil Society Development is to promote and support civil society development in Croatia.
Through its activities the National Foundation strives to achieve active citizenship in the development of a modern, democratic and inclusive society in the Republic of Croatia.
The values on which the vision of the National Foundation for Civil Society Development and its goals are based are: respect for human rights, the public nature of its work, the responsibility of all participants in the development of the community, cooperation and dialogue between all participants in the development of society, availability of information, tolerance and respect for variety and non-violence.
The core activities are:
- Encouraging citizens to action, involvement and participation in community development;
- Building the capacities of civil society; - Developing cross-sector cooperation and collaboration between civil society organisations;
- Increasing public influence and visibility of the work of civil society organisations;
- Developing of social entrepreneurship and employment in the non-profit sector;
- Increasing the influence of civil society in the process of adopting public policies.
The Foundation provides logistical and operational support to the National Network in Croatia through the Network Coordination Support (NCS).