The Anna Lindh Foundation runs a programme of Anna Lindh Chairs for Intercultural Dialogue in the Euro-Mediterranean region. The programme was established with the aim to stimulate the development of mutual knowledge and exchange between youth, academics and civil society from different countries of the Euro-Mediterranean. It is a platform for stimulating debates on issues related to the promotion of intercultural dialogue, an appreciation of cultural diversity and social cohesion in the societies of the Mediterranean basin.
Beside to its academic dimension, the programme attempts to mobilize local civil society actors and stakeholders to participate in international seminars, gatherings and workshops with experts, scholars and students, in order to explore the needs, the challenges and the opportunities linked to the promotion of intercultural relations and social cohesion between the two shores of the Mediterranean Sea.
In 2014, within the Anna Lindh Chair programme, Summer Schools are organised to advance knowledge of the Euro-Mediterranean region and appreciation of its cultural diversity, to promote familiarity and intellectual exchange among youth from all countries of the region and to engage students in intercultural dialogue. They offer inter-active workshops, lectures, and sightseeing – all in a rich international environment, in a group of students and professors from many Euro-Mediterranean countries.
We are now launching a call for the selection of 15-20 students to participate in one of the following events:
- The II Anna Lindh – La Caixa Chair Summer School at Sabanci University in Istanbul (http://www.sabanciuniv.edu/en), Turkey, to take place from the 8th to the 12th of September 2014);
- A two-day workshop in the ISES Foundation (Institute for Social and European Studies http://www.ises.hu/), to take place in the first week of November 2014, in Koszeg, Hungary
The programmes focus on the politics, social studies, history, economy and cultural relations of the Euro-Mediterranean region. This year, they will also include discussing the findings of the Anna Lindh Report 2014: Intercultural Trends and Social Changes in the Euro-Mediterranean Region.
The selection of participants will be done based on the following criteria :
- A good command of the English language;
- Enrollment in a BA or masters-level program in Social Studies, Sociology, Political Science, Cross-Cultural Relations (or related);
- Motivation to participate actively in the discussions and activities;
- Interest in advancing knowledge about the Euro-Mediterranean region and in cross-cultural dialogue;
- Living and studying in the Euro-Mediterranean region;
- A geographical and gender balance;
- Membership or affiliation in one of the members of the Anna Lindh Network will be considered an asset.
For selected participants through this call, travel, meals and accommodation expenses will be covered by the organisers.
Please note that the working language for both courses will be English, therefore the application form should be filled in in English.
This call is now closed.