Arab Hydrology Alliance (AHA) is a nonprofit organization based in Amman - Jordan. AHA works with a broad range of actors to achieve results that are useful and practical for all. Our main fields of work are: Integrated Natural Resources Management, Socio-economic Development, Gender Programming and Renewable Energy and Investments. Our work model is one of cooperation and sharing. We work and partner with a large variety of international and national civil society organizations from across the globe to optimize our services and strengthen our activities.
AHA is specialized in capacity building, empowerment, communication, evaluation and assessments, dialogue, learning and knowledge management, multi-level dialogue and advocacy activities. In the MENA region where natural resources degradation and scarcities are aggravated by human-induced challenges, AHA brings together experts from different disciplines to address the above human-related aspects of a wide range of topics including nature conservation, natural resources governance, arid and semi-arid systems and livelihoods, water-energy-food nexus, climate change and gender mainstreaming.
AHA is established by a multi-disciplinary group of professionals with practical experience in a variety of fields related to development and management. AHA staff members and associated experts have accumulated long experience through working in developmental programs in national, international, and multi-national agencies.
AHA offers its services in a wide range of fields that are all related to achieving comprehensive sustainable development within the countries of the MENA region. These fields include:
- Social and economic empowerment.
- Civic engagement and human rights mainstreaming.
- Integrated water resources management and governance.
- Solid and effluent wastes management.
- Environment conservation and climate change resilience.
Vision: A region whose communities have equitable access to safe and sustainable natural resources through improved governance practices.
Mission: To develop individual and institutional capacities in the Arab communities for an effective contribution in sustainable environmental development; where people invest natural resources for better livelihoods while allowing for natural regeneration of ecosystems and passing down a thriving nature to future generations.
- Marketing the products of local community based organizations, in partnership with Jordan Investment Development Association and private companies.
- Women Economic Empowerment Project with funding from the EuroMed Feninist Initiative IFE-EF.
- Strategic support to Arab Women Organization on Gender Mainstreaming in Different Sectors.
- Sustainable Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative in partnership with Jordan Investment Development Association.
Raising awareness of key actors and network targets on network's mission and vision; sharing knowledge; explore ideas and conceptual thinking around joint areas of interest; implement joint activities with network members; advocacy and policy infuencing.
Sharing knowledge and ideas; building partnership; exposure; add value to the network at national level.