Marca - ADL is a non-profit association headquartered in Montemor-o-Novo (district of Évora) officially recognized as ENGO, Youth Organization and Public Utility Institution.
Marca - ADL staff members (4 workers, 6 volunteers, 9 board members, 3 free-lancers) have professional background and skills in the following areas: cultural and creative industries, design, environment, climate change adaptation, psychology, sociology, biology, management and accounting.
Last year (2018) the association had an annual budget of 99,573.12 €.Marca - ADL fosters activities and projects in the following areas:
- Nature Conservation; Environmental education; Citizenship; Human rights; Tourism and Cultural heritage; Natural Heritage; Social inclusion; Employability; Participation and associationism; Youth.
To develop these actions/activities, we have established several partnerships, such as with the district schools, youth centres, city hall, universities, and other entities that identify with the objectives of the projects. At an international level, we have worked with several associations that are also part of the Erasmus +.
It aims is to promote qualified development of Montemor-o-Novo municipality in particular to support actions in the social & cultural sphere, environmental preservation and enhancement of natural and human heritage, entrepreneurship and support for business creation and quality services. Environmental and heritage concerns were at the root of the creation of the MARCA ADL, that currently has the legal status equivalent to Environmental Non-Governmental Organization ENGO. Our action goals are: - Contribute to a balanced and sustainable development encompassing the physical and cultural space of the community with local capabilities, defining strategies to overcome the current problems; - Encourage the participation of the people in different levels of development process, with special attention to youngsters and adults with integration difficulties in the labor market. Enhancing citizenship and community participation; - Revitalize traditional alternative activities and enhancing endogenous and exogenous resources in a perspective of action research that allows the revitalization of the local socio-economic sphere and employment promotion; - Promoting cultural, human and natural heritage, landscape; - Connect culture and science to local development, articulating them with the local economy. In order to achieve these objectives, MARCA - ADL has developed projects and actions in partnership with other local-level institutions, national and international.
-SVE: For Youth (2018-2020) ERASMUS +: This European voluntary project is framed in a local an initiative that brings together three organizations that intend to bring to the municipality of Montemor-o-Novo greater openness to the issues of interculturality and European citizenship, especially as regards the younger ones.
-Youth Action to Grow (2018-2019) PARTNERS - KA2 - ERASMUS +: The project aims to create a network of entities that work with young people with fewer opportunities. Together, partners will design and implement actions to increase the participation of youth with fewer opportunities in Erasmus+ Volunteer Projects.
- Solidarity Corps - 2019 - Intergenerational Project whose objective is the fight against the social exclusion of the elderly, the cognitive stimulation, and the breaking of stereotypes and prejudices about the ageing by the young people.
-Volunteer Escapes (2018-2020) - Life program and European Solidarity Corps - The project uses young volunteers to work in nature conservation and environmental education.
-LIFE+-LINES (2015-2020): this project is being developed in Évora and Montemor-o-Novo councils in partnership with universities, local governments and other public organizations. MARCA ADL role is to manage an Autochthonous Plant Nursery, to perform eradication actions on invasive plant species and to involve local communities and organizations in green voluntary actions.
- Promotion and valuing of local products (2015-...): this project has a subset of different actions like Cookery workshops to both professionals and amateurs and Local Certification Stamp as a dynamic process.
- Saídas de Mestre - CREATOUR - Creative tourism (2018/2020): Develop, implement and promote activities in the municipality of Montemor-o-Novo, for creative tourism about
We have also developed voluntary projects in the field of human rights, citizenship and participation, in partnership with the Portuguese Institute of sport and youth and the grouping of schools in Montemor o Novo.
We can contribute to the Anna Lindt network objectives through the activities developed by the Marca. We work to empower young people at a local, national and international level, promoting also the intercultural dialogue mainly through volunteer activities.
In this sense and meeting its areas of intervention, Marca ADL can contribute to the network in several ways, namely:
- Develop activities in the context of local human heritage;
- Activities that foster intercultural dialogue and build a more open and resilient community;
- Empower young people for young people to build together more open, inclusive and resilient communities;
- Develop actions that promote a more resilient and empathic society;
- Social inclusion activity with various audiences;
- Promote the empowerment of our organization and different audiences;
- Disseminate the goals and values of the network.
In our perspective, it would be important for us, as a local development association, to bring to the municipality of Montemor-o-Novo (Évora District) new approaches on different topics. To stimulate, raise awareness and educate for intercultural dialogue to achieve social cohesion among the younger generations, is one of the objectives that MARCA intends to achieve.
In this sense, incorporating the network would be important in building partnerships and achieving our objectives