EU-LAS (League of Arab States) CULTURE
The global objective of this call for proposals is to raise awareness on the EU-LAS partnership in the field of culture by highlighting the EU’s effort in promoting international cultural relations in the Arab world as a specific geographical area in light of the EU-LAS Summit in Europe.
The Summit will convene in Brussels during the second half of 2022 and gather Heads of State and Government from the EU and the Arab League. It will be the occasion to take stock of joint EU-LAS initiatives in several of the areas mentioned in the Declaration – migration, security, conflict-resolution, sustainable socio-economic and technological development, among others – and showcase the shared resolve to strengthen cooperation. This will include culture and its manifestations, as stated in the Declaration adopted at the 2019 Summit. Proposals for this call should revolve around the general theme of promoting mutual understanding between the two regions and combatting all forms of discrimination, intolerance, stereotyping and stigmatisation. All the activities organised by the Applicant will have to take place in Brussels.
The specific objectives of this call for proposals are:
- Promoting cultural relations connected by the common thread of the EU-Arab relation and its multiple dimensions.
- Fostering mutual understanding, inter-cultural dialogue and synergies among creative industries between the EU and the LAS by promoting participation of cultural actors from both sides.
The priorities of this call for proposals are:
- Encouraging to the extent possible the use of public spaces for the organisation of the activities which would include the virtual space in light of the COVID19 pandemic.
- Promoting joint actions of artists from both sides in order to highlight the role of creators in building regional bridges and fostering mutual understanding through art and cultural expression.
- Promoting the emergence of innovative forms of collaboration among cultural actors.
- Enhancing the participation of civil society in crafting a regional EU-LAS cultural agenda.