ADOPTA –is a non profit making organization founded by and for adoptive community in December 2010. Our desire is to create positive, supportive and inclusive communities for families created through adoption. Working with experts, institutions and practitioners, ADOPTA is becoming a reference center for adoption in Croatia.
With the annual budget in the range of 40.000 euro, raised through national and local governments, business sector , individual donations and own services, ADOPTA implements specific project, organizes seminars and conferences and engages in public debate and policy development.
ADOPTA is a membership organization which provides services to its members and to the wider community. We function as a virtual office, with an incredible active and numerous volunteer base. The organization is governed by a Board of Directors. The Development Committee supports the Board and is involved in programme and organizational development.
ADOPTA is a member of AdoptionUK, and works in partnership or close cooperation with the British Association for Adoption and Fostering, North American Council for Adoption, University of Zagreb Faculty for Education and Rehabilitation, University of Zagreb Faculty for Psychology, Republic of Croatia Ministry for Social Policy and Youth.
Use all the available resources for continuing improvement of adoption process in all its aspects and creating positive, supportive and inclusive environemnt for adoptive families.
Be the referral centre for all adoption related issues and provision of high quality expertize and support to all the stakeholders in the adoption process, as well as to practitioners, institutions and interested groups, for the benefit of adoptive families, adopted children and a wider community.
1. Improving Legal environment and practice of Adoption
2. Improving knowledge, skills and competencies of adoption practitioners and support services about needs of adoptive families, new understanding of issues and methods of support.
3. Provide on-going education and support to adoptive families before, during and after the Adoption.
4. Diminishing discrimination of single adopters.
5. Promotion of positive attitude towards adoption and fighting discrimination and stigmatization of adopted children .
• Providing Adoption related information and counselling
• Providing legal advice and services in cases of human right violation of children
• ADOPTAonica - ADOPTa's own course preparing prospective adopters on becoming adoptive parents, consisting of 12 workshops over three months and covering a range of adoption related topics.
• Running Support groups for adoptive parents and support groups for prospective adopters
• Organizing thematic workshops
• ADOPTA's library
• ADOPTA's publications
• Conducting research on adoption related issues
• Advocacy and participation in creating public policies on adoption
• Organizing annual Adoption Conferences
• Training of adoption practitioners
Through active participation in activities , sharing knowledge, supporting the network ideas and contibuting to the diveristy of civil society and the society in general.
To share knowledge and learn from others on topics of interest, to network and create partnerships, to contribute to improvement of polices and their implementation in the region.