1. The Association is led by the Executive Committee comprising the President and two Vice-Presidents (i.e. 3 staff), who are overseen by the honorary Supervisory Committee. These bodies are elected every year by the General Assembly.
The Research Centre is steered by its Council and run by its director while consulting its Advisory Board. Other structures depend on individual projects.
2. In 2005, the budget exceeded € 120,000. Figures have been constantly rising over the recent years.
3. Completely project-oriented; grants from international foundations, public agencies, academic institutions and (rarely) private enterprises.
4. Events in public (discussions, conferences, seminars) and in private (roundtables, workshops), publications (books, papers), web portals.
5. Apart from the donors, an informal network of academic/research institutions (think-tanks) and persons across Europe.
Provision of a platform for the expression and realisation of ideas and projects aiming at promoting education, understanding, and tolerance between people irrespective of their race, skin colour, gender, language, religion, political or other affiliation, nationality, or social background. Functioning as a forum for discussion, studies and deeper insight into past and contemporary political events, economy, culture, and social issues, particularly focusing on international issues. Ultimately, support to peace and international cooperation.
To this purpose: (1) running information and education projects for youth and all citizens, (2) conducting research and publishing outcomes.
- Public discussion series (150 to date), on vital issues or with outstanding personalities (e.g. HRH El-Hassan bin Talal, F. Fukuyama, A. Kwasnievski, F.W. de Klerk, G. Robertson etc.)
- Prague Model United Nations for secondary school attendants
- Series of seminars on the EU in secondary schools
- Annual conferences (Belarus 2004, ENP 2005, “Democratization in EU policies” 2006 – in preparation)
- Expert roundtables (e.g. with Belarusian opposition 2003-2005, Middle East officers of the European Commission 2005 etc.)
- Web-portals (diplomacie.info, café Babel [Prague redaction], blizkovychod.info [being acquired])
- Research based on own priorities and available grants (e.g. on democratic transition processes; migration movements etc.)
- Publication of papers (online and in printed media) and handbooks
- Youth exchange projects (2005 with Turkey)
- Consultation for Czech media