“PlanBe, Plan it Be it” is a Non-Governmental, Non-Profit Organization based in Nicosia, Cyprus, managed by a team of youth workers, project managers and volunteers. At the moment the number of the staff employed is 4 permanent staff members (project managers, communication officer) and 3 EVS volunteers. Our budget varies from year to year according to the Erasmus+ funding we receive from the projects we submit and according to any other funding received during the year. Our main sources of funding is through Erasmus+ (KA1 & KA2) projects, but also from local funding coming from the National Youth Board of Cyprus. As mentioned earlier we mainly run Erasmus+ projects, either KA1 (training courses, youth exchanges) or we are partner organisations in KA2 projects. So far we have run 21 Erasmus + (KA1) projects in Cyprus and we are partner organisation in two Erasmus+ (KA2) projects, namely You(th) for Cul/Fu(ture), and Social Entrepreneurship Training 4 Youth Power / SET YP”. Also, we were partners in 137 approved Erasmus+ projects.
PlanBe has a big network of partners in Cyprus and in Europe. Also, PlanBe is a full member of Cyprus Youth Council since October 2015 and Eurodesk multiplier organisation since April 2018. Furthermore PlanBe is a founding member of the International Association AIM (Amesci International Movement), a network of 17 European Youth NGO’s based in Brussels. Since October 2018 PlanBe is a member of YouthProAktiv , an international organization based in Brussels, that aims to create a generation of proactive individuals ready to invest their talents for the betterment of society by starting their own business and creating jobs for themselves and the others. Since October 2018 PlanBe is an approved candidate as a host ngo for Erasmus for young entrepreneurs. Additionally, three Erasmus+ (KA1) projects that we have implemented were awarded with the European Year of Cultural Heritage 2018 (EYCH) label because they contributed to the achievement of one or more of the objectives of the European Year of Cultural Heritage 2018.
One of the main aims of “PlanBe” is to contribute to the positive societal changes by promoting effective communication between youngsters, intercultural and intergenerational dialogue, by facilitating understanding among people. The mission of our organization is to develop and support the use of non-formal education, to foster entrepreneurship, to boost creativity, to support environmental consciousness, to foster democracy and human rights and to develop solidarity and tolerance among youngsters. Our main focus is to promote the cultural heritage of Cyprus and bring youngsters closer to their tradition, to traditional jobs and the agriculture of our island, and to narrow down the generational gap between the older and the younger generations. Therefore, we mainly design and run workshops and projects related to our cultural heritage, tangible and intangible, and how young people can gain new skills through our traditions and culture but also how youngsters can help in the preservation of these traditions and their transfer to younger generations.
“PlanBe” has been established to support young people from all over Cyprus within the framework of non-formal and informal education. Together with volunteers coming from all over Europe, we are creating a fruitful ground for young people to reach their goals, to gain new skills, to get to know their culture and cultural heritage and to promote mobility. We are working for and with the youngsters. We encourage their involvement in the civic space of Cyprus by facilitating innovative free time activities, by stimulating their creativity and by developing their different skills. We support youngsters to use and develop their capacities, and to actively participate in the vision of a united Europe in order to foster European cooperation. Two important priorities for “PlanBe” is to give access to all people, including young people with fewer opportunities, and to fight against discriminations.
PlanBe is focusing on personal and professional development of its members and volunteers. With the aim to foster development of our local communities, as well as internationally, among others we implement the following activities:
Organizing seminars, workshops, lectures and trainings on environmental issues, agriculture, career guidance, how to fight unemployment, inspire entrepreneurship, on culture and cultural heritage; arts and crafts, music and dances, traditional jobs.
Organizing events such as: cultural events containing traditional dances and music, charity events through sports,arts and crafts
support of non-formal education;
participation in European projects, especially in Erasmus+ projects
work with the youngsters in trying to overcome the intercultural barriers and stereotypes;
organizing and implementing youth exchanges, training courses (mainly Erasmus+) and practice sharing;
work with volunteers
A list of the projects implemented so far can be found below:
- “Career In Action Part II”, Nicosia District December 2018
- “TraDe Olive: From TRADition to Employment: olive products” Nicosia District November 2018
- “Cultural Heritage in YOUth” Nicosia District August 2018
- “Social Y.Art - Inclusion for Youth through the art of theatre”, Nicosia District June 2018
- “TraDe Cuisine: From TRADition to Employment: food products” Nicosia District May 2018
- “Hugs 4 All”, a training course for program countries on social inclusion, Limassol Cyprus February 2018
- “Career In Action”, Nicosia district Cyprus December 2017
- “ReImagine our world without waste”, Nicosia district Cyprus October 2017
- “Milestone no 28: Volunteering”, Nicosia district Cyprus August 2017
- “TradeClay-From TRADition to Employment: Clay Creations”,Limassol district Cyprus May 2017
- “Dance your culture”, Nicosia district Cyprus May 2017
- “From TRADition to Employment: wood crafts”, a youth exchange focused on fighting unemployment through traditional wood related professions, inspiring entrepreneurship. Kampos village, Cyprus 27th of June until 6th of July 2016
- “Take the Stage”, a train the trainer training course-mobility of youth workers Limassol Cyprus May 2016
- “Entrepreneurship on your way”a mobility of youth workers project focusing on fighting youth unemployment by investing on entrepreneurship. Nicosia,Cyprus 18th to 24th of April 2016
- “Its in your D.N.A. (Development Needs Actions)” a youth exchange on personal development and fighting youth unemployment. Nicosia district 4th to 13th of March 2016
- “UpCycling Art” a youth exchange focused on the reuse of old materials and products, transforming them with a creative and entrepreneurship way into new ones. Kampos village, Nicosia district,August 2015
- “TradEWine”, a youth exchange on traditional professions relevant with Wine products Nicosia district October 2014
- “Re-Action”, a training course on Human Rights and environmental Issues, Larnaca, November 2014
- “TradE – from tradition to employment” a youth in action 1.1 youth exchange which aimed to fight unemployment through reviving old professions transforming them in a new entrepreneurship way. Kampos, Cyprus June 2014
Through our growing network in Cyprus, through our partners, through our presence and membership in the Cyprus Youth Council and our close cooperation with the National Youth Board of Cyprus we aim to spread the purpose and the aims of the Anna Lindh Foundation in Cyprus. Additionally, through our actions, projects both local and on a European level we aim to provide platforms for young people in Cyprus to build together more open, inclusive and resilient communities. Additionally, we aim to promote the power of dialogue between and within the communities in Cyprus and to inspire young people on the island to become more tolerant and to enlarge their perspectives towards the achievement of more democratic societies.
We want to join the ALF Netwrork because we share the same values and vision within our societies. We want to bring the change to our country Cyprus and we want to contribute to the establishment of harmonic cooperation and more resilient and inclusive societies in the EU.