PiNA is looking for a candidate for an European solidarity corps volunteering activity in Greece in 2023, who will be working in the multimedia field.
Start date: 1st of June 2023
Duration: 7 months
Location: Thessaloniki, Greece
The ‘Balkan Hotspot’ Project has been running since 2009, with more than 180 volunteers having been hosted by our organisation. The main activities of the project are related to Web Media. Through these tools the volunteers in cooperation with the youth of the local community will contribute to create and maintain a space of free expression and communication among young people, always within the context of the subjects, the principles and the goals of the ESC Programme.
ABOUT THE HOST ORGANISATION
United Societies of Balkans (U.S.B.) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization based in Thessaloniki, Greece, working in the field of youth mobility, participation and promoting youth awareness of social issues. It was founded in 2008 by the initiative of a group of active young people who wanted to address the social issues which affect the youngsters in the Balkans and Eastern Europe.
The goal of the organisation is the promotion of youth mobility, youth involvement and participation, voluntarism and human rights.
They make it through:
- Promoting the values of non formal learning, voluntarism, active citizenship and democracy for the creation of a better future for the European youth;
- Involving minorities and immigrants into youth activities;
- Building healthy cooperation bridges between countries in the area of the Balkans and Eastern Europe with the rest of Europe;
- Using New Media and Citizens’ Journalism methodologies to encourage youth expression, to raise awareness of Human Rights and to promote intercultural dialogue;
- Utilizing arts as a tool for the cultivation and expression of youth;
- Breaking down prejudices and stereotypes among European countries and amongst youth.
Curious for more? Follow U.S.B. on social media:
ACCOMMODATION, FOOD AND TRANSPORT ARRANGEMENTS
Each volunteer will:
- receive three meals per day through a catering service that prepares the food according to their preferences and allergies;
- receive monthly pocket money 5 € per day plus 5 € extra per day for the weekends, days off and official holidays of Greece (in these day the organisation will not provide meals);
- be registered for the ESC insurance scheme Henner;
- receive a contribution to the travel costs (the amount will be calculated based on the travel distance of the volunteer);
- be accommodated in a fully equipped building located in the city center (Anagnostara, 13) near the main bus and train station of the city. Each volunteer will share their room with one or three more people of the same gender;
- receive a monthly pass for the local transportation.
TRAINING DURING THE ACTIVITY
The participants will participate in the daily activities of USB, volunteering six hours daily from Monday to Friday.
During the volunteer experience, volunteers will:
- receive a task related mentor;
- be offered a chance to take a language course;
- develop multimedia knowledge and skills;
- improve their digital skills and digital literacy;
- have a chance to develop a personal project with the resources of USB;
- receive the Youthpass certificate, the official recognition tool for non-formal & informal learning in youth projects.
The volunteer will be involved in activities:
- Organisation and development of documentaries;
- Organisation and development of the online magazine “Balkan Beats”;
- Management of the website and its social networks;
- Organisation and participation in special events and meetings organised by the project; especially during dates dedicated to EU or Human Rights;
- Workshops organised by USB. The three workshops on Media (mandatory) plus the Creativity and Cultural Activities Coordination Workshops (optional);
- Deliver workshops for the other volunteers as well as for locals based on their skills and knowledge;
- Participation in some public events or festivals, such as the International Film Festival of Thessaloniki.
European Solidarity Corps volunteers will have the support of a coordinator (somebody in the hosting organization) and mentor (a friend to talk to outside of the hosting organization).
Volunteers will take part in an on-arrival and mid-term training course organized by the National Agency.
The selection of the participants is mostly based on their motivation and personal interest in the topics of the project. Our ideal volunteer candidate is an open minded person willing to learn, to improve her/himself and to help other people. It is important to be ready to work in a team and to share daily life with people from different backgrounds. It is not necessary to have previous technical knowledge of multimedia. Although it is not required to have a high level of English, the volunteers need to have at least a basic knowledge of the language for their everyday communication with international and local people but also for their safety.
WHO CAN APPLY
The call is open to young people aged 18-30 from Slovenia.
Fill in the online application form, with attached your CV (name the file: name_surname_CV).
Deadline for application is 30th March 2023. For more information click HERE.
If you have a question, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.