Public Policy Forum on Youth and Civil Society in the EuroMed
This event aims to create a dialogue among Euro-Mediterranean youth, civil society representatives, and senior decision-makers on the main opportunities, challenges, and orientations towards sustained dialogue and cooperation in the Euro-Mediterranean region.
The objective is to formulate concrete policy recommendations and identify good practices to be scaled up by youth and civil society on the future of the EuroMed taking into account the historic moment for the region characterized by the 25th anniversary of the Barcelona Process and the impact of Covid19 on future generations of the EuroMed region.
Moderation by Mr. Jafaar AbdulKarim, Journalist and TV presenter, Deutsche Welle
• Niels Annen, Minister of State, Federal Foreign Office, Germany.
• Elisabeth Guigou - President - Anna Lindh Foundation.
• Maciej Popowski - Acting Director General - DG NEAR.
Views from the ground
• Jacopo Cimmino - Erasmus+ Virtual Exchange – Italy.
• Tala Zain - Lebanese National Commission for UNESCO - Lebanon.
• Sarah Ahmarelainine - Erasmus+ Virtual Exchange – Morocco.
• Caroline Y. Robertson-von Trotha – Centre for Cultural and General Studies (ZAK), Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) - Germany.
Reactions by high-level representatives
Views from the ground
• Carmen Cuenca - Young Mediterranean Voices - Spain.
• Anis Boufrikha - We Love Sousse - Tunisia.
• Ahmed Yassin - Young Mediterranean Voices – Egypt.
• Javier Esteban Cabanillas - Rooftop Theatre - Cyprus.
·Q&A with the audience and among the speakers
Launch of the citizens journalist campaign " “We are still here! EuroMed Citizen Reporters”
The citizen journalist campaign “We are still here! EuroMed Citizen Reporters” will be launched officially by Élisabeth Guigou, President of the Anna Lindh Foundation, in a virtual opening ceremony. The virtual storytelling project captures civil societies’ views on life in the Euro-Mediterranean region during and after the current COVID-19 pandemic in short video clips. “We are still here! EuroMed Citizen Reporters” is a project by ZAK at KIT as coordinator of the German ALF-network in cooperation with the Candid Foundation, supported by the German Federal Foreign Office.
This event is organised as part of a series of events together with the Launch of the Intercultural Trends Survey.
Watch the recording from the event here.