INCF and its partners plan to use all their network of contacts and resources to achieve better understanding regarding the cultural dimensions of religious issues between and within predominantly Christian and Muslim societies, parallel to sustainable economic growth. The project will involve structures and people from nature conservation, ecotourism and intercultural fields: members of ALF, SIETAR Europa, PAN Parks Foundation, local communities around national parks, national audiences of at least 15 countries of the Euro-Mediterranean region. It will add value by linking the intercultural
dialog to ecotourism development. The activities will result in the creation of: two reports on the cultural traditions of the local communities around Kure Mountains, Rila and Central Balkan national parks; training program and manual; Tourist Entrepreneurs’ Handbook; series of provoked articles/reports published/broadcasted by national and international media; number of press releases disseminated; a comprehensive, regularly updated web page; archive of more than 50 newspaper articles and radio and TV broadcasts. The Project will develop, test in the project area, and popularize widely in the whole region a model of an intercultural and inter-religious dialogue, supporting economic development. Special efforts will be made for its multiplication. The channels and major events of the organizations within the ALF, SIETAR Europa and PAN Parks’ networks will be used to raise visibility of the Project to media and civil society.
The Project aims at promoting ecotourism as an area of convergence between the Euro- Mediterranean countries and people, which is identified and developed to certain extend by the partners and which assists better mutual understanding regarding the cultural dimensions of religious issues between and within predominantly Christian and Muslim societies, parallel to sustainable economic development
- connect different organizations in an intercultural dialogue, encouraging exchange and participation in economic development;
- develop the capacities of young people and women in doing business with partners from diverse cultural and religious backgrounds;
- fostering cross-cultural teaching about religious issues in training for ecotourism services providers;
- create powerful tools (training program, methodology and materials, electronic handbook) for promotion of knowledge on A) intercultural and inter-religious dialogue and B) Muslim diversity in Europe;
- generate multiplying effects in at least 15 countries from the Euro-Mediterranean region by creating spaces for exchange and interaction, acting as communication channel from the grassroots level to the decision makers.
- Draft Program of the Customer Care for Muslim Tourists Training and
- List of publications used (as part of desk research) for the preparation of training Program and other Project materials
Are attached to this presentation.