The aim of the project is the mobilization and empowerment of young people by improving conditions for actors for change to work for enhanced democratization and freedom of expression; providing tools, trainings and networking that encourage Dialogue, Diversity, Democracy and Development. The aim will be achieved by spreading the Loesje creative writing methodology, which supports active citizenship, freedom of expression in a tolerant and open-minded way. Loesje groups reflect social topics trough debate and discussion about actual issues, support and highlighting specific problems and issues in public life by sticking posters, communicating with different groups and organizing events.
The specific objective of the project is to train 18 young people in creative methods of writing, providing them with all the necessary know-how and tools needed for their further activities and networking between organizations in Europe and in the Mediterranean region. For this purpose we are going to organise two international meetings: a seminar and a training for trainers in United Kingdom and Germany. Furthermore a creative writing handbook will be published and disseminated in English, German, Arabic, Hebrew and Slovene, various local workshops and exhibitions will be implemented and a documentary produced.
The aim of the project is mobilization and empowerment of young people by improving conditions for actors for change to work for enhanced democratization and freedom of expression; providing tools, trainings and networking for organizing activities on the long term that encourage and support dialogue, diversity, democracy and development.
- To train 18 people in creative writing, providing them with know-how and tools needed for further activities.
- To share good practices between organizations in the field of non-formal education, democratization and religious tolerance and reflect on important issues regarding young people.
- To bring together motivated young people willing to act and focus their energy, motivation and skills towards democratization and freedom of expression.
- To present innovative tools for expression and active participation to activists in partner countries.
- To disseminate the collective youth voice, in order to raise awareness of the political, social, and economical situation in the partner regions
Application form for participants for the seminar: Loesje Crosses the Mediterranean “Today History Class Cancelled – Time for Future Class!”, Berlin, Germany 15.03.2013 – 21-03.2013
News about the project on the Loesje international web page: http://www.loesje.org/loesjecrossesthemediterranean