1. Non profit organization for public utility , with 30 working people 10 of them in full time; 2. 600.000€;
3. Ministry of culture, Ministry of youth, Tondela Municipality;
4. professional theatre companies, and all the programming of the Vovo Ciclo cultural center, exchanges mainly with Mozembique, Cabo Verde and Brazil, in 2005 we organized a session of the European Diploma on Cultural project Managed in partnership with the Marcel Hicter Foundation ; Tondela municipality, Ministry of culture, ANIMAR, several theatre groups from all over Europe, and in Mozambique, Brazil and Cabo Verde
Having been formed in 1979, ACERT has the carrier of a multidisciplinary actuation in terms of the artistic areas, and grounded its creative strength on the original core: TRIGO LIMPO teatro ACERT. This particular situation - a theatre company generating a cultural association - is the main feature of the dynamics of ACERT, and influences decisively its attitude and evolution: the growth of a transversal project, in terms of the promotion of events; artistic formation and production, based on a highly professional team of theatrical agents who have guaranteed its operationality as far as the management of a continued permanent programming project is concerned.
It has perpetuated itself as a cultural structure in a region of our country that asserts itself by:
- Incorporating a permanently renewed and renewing artistic practice, within a steadily efficient communitarian relationship, in order to potentiate didactical circuits of conquest of varied publics and audiences who strongly feel, above all, the lack of cultural offers.
- Projecting artistic experiences within an enlarged basis of local , regional, national and international itinerancy that favours the capitalization of experiences and contacts, so as to implement and potentiate the project as far as the artistic experimentalism, the innovation of methodologies and the geographical enlargement of audiences are concerned.
- Searching for actuation practices that support the development of the project, as a widening factor of different geographical areas, and thus attracting urban publics who can be added to the communitarian interconnection and allow the achievement of a consistent whole plan of local insertion, namely through the boldness of both the practices and the established targets.
- Permanently innovating the means of performance and intervention (the human resources - creators, technicians, animators -, the space, the equipments, the offer of services, the artistic formation and the cultural creation) so as to guarantee an increase of quality in programming, conditions offered to the creators and therefore to the publics.
- Maintaining the level of artistic and professional exigency and self-demand, which has been made real by the formative updating and exchange of experiences, essential factors to continue a process of balanced and equilibrated growth.
This practice made possible for ACERT to implant itself geographically, and to project itself in the cultural life of the country, though the identity it gives to the direction of a transversal, didactic, effective and daring artistic intervention, in order to transform cultural habits. It is worth stressing out that the district of Viseu, though it has today an indisputable cultural offer and projection, was once considered as a region without cultural practices, spaces or habits. Although we definitely don’t consider ACERT as the sole protagonist of this change, it would be absurd not to point out its the important role it played in this transformation.
The main objective of the organization is to highlight the need of cultural work for the local sustainable development.
Education true culture
The possibilities of a cultural project outside the big centre cities in Portugal
Professional theatre company; Novo Ciclo – resource cultural centre managed by the association; Common cultural network with 7 municipalities of the centre region in Portugal; EQUAL project for gender questions;