2. Staff 65
3. Budget resources: - Annual budget, around 2million dollars.
-Al-Qattan Charitable Trust and Al-Qattan family (the major sources for the Foundation) underwrite the Foundation's administrative expenses and program and project costs.
In 2004 the Foundation established the Palestinian Audio Visual project, which is co-funded by the European Union/Partnership for Peace Programme. This marked the first and only external co-funding to date.
4. Modalities of action: (seminars, workshops, study days, exchanges, grants and prizes, training courses, library services)
5. Through its projects and programs, the Foundation has established a network of partners, both individuals and institutional, in implementing an array of its activities in culture, the arts and education.
The Foundation aims to advance the cultural, educational, and scientific development of the Arabs in general and the Palestinian people in particular, as well as the preservation of their cultural heritage.
To achieve its mission, the Foundation has set the following objectives:
- To seek, identify and promote originality and excellence in the fields of culture, education, and the sciences,
- To underwrite projects in the cultural and educational sectors that benefit the maximum number of people and assist in raising the educational standards and cultural awareness in (and about) the Arab World,
- To provide, in accordance with its status as a charity, financial assistance to cultural institutions, programs, and individuals that have projected excellence and originality.
1. Qattan Centre for the Child:
A multi-faceted children’s library and information centre aimed at improving the cultural, social, educational, recreational and psychological environment of the Gaza Strip’s child population.
2. Qattan Centre for Educational Research and Development
An independent institution whose primary mission is to engage in applied research and development to help improve Palestinian education.
3. Culture and Science Program
The program encourages both excellence and creativity in the arts and sciences through special grants and prizes in the fields of music, literature, theatre, performing arts, visual arts, animation and interactive design.
4. The Palestinian Audio Visual Project
A project aimed at the development of the audio visual sector in Palestine through:
-Capacity-building through a national technical training network;
-Funding for new film projects at development and production stages .