Euro Mediterranean Research Network (PAER) Philosophies and anthropologies of Euro Mediterranean Region organised by Jacques Poulain (Paris), Fathi Triki (Tunis) and Christoph Wulf (Berlin), Moustapha Larissa, (Marrakech), Reyes Maté (Madrid), Mourad Wahba (Cairo)
The basic principle of this network is that research focused on the acquisition and application of shared European and Mediterranean knowledge is the fundamental driving force of social and economic development in the Euro Mediterranean region, and that the intercultural dialogue issue is the most critical one for the consolidation of this geographical region. On such grounds, this network intends to set out the theoretical and practical bases for constructing an area of mutual recognition of the different European and Mediterranean cultures.
6 Conferences will be organised about the following topics.
- Enthusiasm, violence and rationalities around Mediterranean Region
- Artistic creativity and its insertion in the world
- Intercultural dialogue in the horizon of the enchantment of religions
- Exploring a citizenship of culture in the Euro Mediterranean region
- Gender and social issues in Euro Mediterranean cultural dialogue
- Ethical, philosophical and anthropological issues of Euromeditterranean transcultural dialogue