Casa da Juventude de Amarante
Av.ª General Silveira, 193, Cepelos
The mission of AMC is to promote healthy lifestyles among young people from the region of Amarante and also approach them, especially those with fewer opportunities, to youth policies, encouraging their active participation. Besides, we intend to instill the values of European citizenship, democracy and sustainable development.
Since November 2008, AMC manages and coordinates the Youth Centre of Amarante. AMC promotes activities in the field of Non-Formal Education (NFE) and Human Rights Education (HRE) in order to develop personal and social skills of young people and stimulate national and international mobility. Examples of projects we have done/participated with EUROMED countries:
- YE "Food and Biological Consumption" (2009);
- YE "From local legends to global challenges" (2010);
- YE "Euromed Challenge 1: be a volunteer!" (2011);
- YE "Euromed Challenge 2: be an entrepreneur!" (2012);
- TC "PEACE BAG Training of Multipliers" (2012)
Besides this we are running since 2008 several youth activities (youth exchanges, youth and democracy, EVS, training courses, partnership building activities, study visits, job shadowing, Grundtvig workshop, etc.), some of them also involving partners from mediterranean partner countries
We can contribute to this Network by:
- sharing our experience in non-formal education and intercultural learning methods;
- using our contacts and knowledge about Euromed area;
- providing good quality facilities for international meetings/activities;
- assuring our commitment as reliable and enthusiastic partners for future cooperation.
The main reasons to join ALF Network are:
- mediterranean cooperation is a priority for our organisation;
- we have been working since 2006 within the frame of Euromed projects that allowed us to accummulate experience;
- we want to establish a reliable network of partners within Euromed area;
- we believe ALF Network can offer new opportunities of cooperation with other Euromed partners.