Balkan Agency for Sustainable Development (BASD) is an international non-governmental organization for the promotion of knowledge-based economy, sustainable development, civil society and social inclusion throughout the world. Its’ headquarter is located in Sofia, Bulgaria.
BASD is a part of a wide network of non-for-profit and research organizations, regional agencies, governmental and other institutions in all Balkan and European countries, and in Central Asia and Middle East.
At present, BASD has eight permanent collaborators (social scientists, economists, engineers). A network of external experts and selected partners is being involved in concrete projects.
• Budgetary resources available in a year – BASD is newly established (in June 2009)
• Sources of funding – Donations or grants.
• Modalities of action - BASD specializes in complex implementation of and consulting on project cycle management focused on raising subsidies from European Union and other development funds.
• Main partners – RDA Senec-Pezinok, Slovakia, Public Health Association, Bulgaria, Union of Macedonian women – Macedonia; Union of women entrepreneurs – Albania;Union of Bulgarian Journalists; International Academy of Architecture;
• Assisting local communities, governmental institutions and international organizations implement programs that directly support sustainable development initiative, especially in the field of education
• Strengthening capacity for sustainable economic and social development
• Providing economic opportunity and life long learning
• Make business more socially aware and responsive to the needs of society in the international arena
• Creating opportunities for exposure and interaction between people of different cultures and nations
• Scalability, through partner organizations and networks
• Influencing policy decisions at all levels
• Addressing discrimination in all its forms
• Encouraging a high level of cooperative reflection on the integration of ecological principles and traditional values in the economic planning and legal framework of developing economies.
• Activating Commitment
• Demonstrating Integrity
• Living Diversity
• Enjoying Participation
• Striving for Excellence
BASD is operating in the following scope of interventions:
• Socio-economic development, coherence to EU and national policies of to achieve the objectives of the Lisbon agenda - a knowledge-based economy, sustainable development;
• Applying, implementation and management of programs and funds financed by the European Union or other sources, including Technical assistance;
• Consulting SMEs, Women's Entrepreneurship;
• Energy efficiency and energy renewable sources;
• Activities related to development of the labor market;
• Activities related to development and preservation of human resources and policies in this area, demographic trends protecting human rights;
• Education and lifelong learning, development of education and training;
• Arts and Culture;
• Social inclusion, social economy, social and health services;
• Regional development, cross-border, transnational, interregional cooperation;
• Tourism, Rural Development;
• Fisheries and Aquaculture