Culturelab is an independent organization (NGO) with 2 employees + others involved within running projects. Sources of funding are self-income and project grants from public funds.
Culturelab cooperates with local self-government, Ministry of Culture of Latvia, Vidzeme University, research company and other cultural organizations in Latvia. Culturelab highly values exchange of expertise with international partners operating in the field.
Culturelab is aiming to individual and community development through arts and cultural activities – creative and innovative use of cultural resources (both physical assets as well opportunities in cultural engagement).
Culturelab operates as a catalyst, building platforms and giving tools to cultural organizations and public authorities in following areas:
* Urban renewal and revitalization
* Arts and positive change in communities, building community identity
* Culture as economic engine for local development
* Personal social development of youth through arts and culture
* Cultural diversity and cooperation for sustainable development