Czech–Arab Society is a non-governmental organisation which was established in 1990. To its members belong orientalists, scientists and businessmen as well as everybody who is interested in Orient. The Society is directed by a presidium and has about 450 members, who are usually devided into sections acording to their interest in Arabic countries. Its annual budget is about 8500 Euro and comes from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Incomes from memberfees are trivial. Main projects are focused on acquainting Czech society, especially youth, with Arabic culture and are realised in cooperation with Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Culture, Prague Municipality, and Charles University in Prague (Czech Institute of Egyptology and Institute of Middle Eastern Studies), Czech-Arab Chamber of Commerce and embassies of Arabic states in our country.
- 2005, 2006 Multicultural dimension of Southern Moravia: seminar for Czech and Slovak young orientalists. Grant of EU, Program. Youth
- 2005, 2006 Nursing in multicultural societies in EU. Grant of EU
- 2005, 2006 Days of Arabic Culture: lectures, exhibitions, film, music and poetry festivals
-2006 Arabic culture at secondary schools: lecturing, Grant of Prague Municipality
- Annual Oriental Bazaar of oriental goods
- Annual Oriental Workshop: pottery and painting for children and youth
- 2006 Czech-Arab Economic Conference in coop. with Ministry of Commmerce nad Czech-Arab Chamber of Commerce