17000 Prague 7
- Democracy and community development
- Human rights
- International/Cultural relations
- Youth and education
To reach, inspire communities, provide safe platforms for self-expression and communication, use puppet theatre to implement solutions to the effects of war and poverty.
Theatre as a public practice, an invitation to dream, hope and act for the betterment of the communities. As a program, Dafa derives its philosophy from theatre as a public practice and a tool for self-expression and communication to reach the communities. Dafa invites members of the community, after giving them the techniques and tools to address authentically issues and concerns facing their community. Theatre then becomes not about entertainment only, but a way of self-expression and the glue that binds the community together.
To spread puppet art and promote theatre in education and awareness through:
1- Initiating artistic projects in multidisciplinary fields.
2- Developing interactive methods to reach the communities.
3- Networking with local and international organizations.
To bridge the gap between theatre and public in Jordan:
1- Realizing high quality artistic productions and emphasizing on touring theatre.
2- Supporting the cultural and professional development of amateur artists.
3- Networking between local and international artists from different cultures.
4- Establishing theatre festival.
To challenge stereotypes, communicate to public worldwide:
1- Creating visual productions without language barrier.
2- Supporting international artistic collaborations.
3- Initiating projects and methods to reach the communities.
1- Artistic/Performing Arts:
- Create puppet and theatre productions for children and adults.
- Co-produce theatre performances for children and adults.
- Collaborate with artists and professionals from a multidisciplinary fields to explore new possibilities in the
art and craft of object/puppet theatre.
- Explore new methods in the field and support the professional development of artists and amateur
puppeteers connected to puppetry.
2- Art for Social change:
- Design and deliver specialized workshops and art residencies.
- Establish puppet theatre groups of children, youth and adults.
- Provide skills and specialized programs for social activists and educators and assist the educational
- Produce publications and material on the subject of puppetry in the Arab world and Europe.