2, LYCAVITTOU STREET
ATHENS 106 71
EKEMEL is a workshop for literary translation, with the emphasis on improving translation practice; a nursery for translators from which publishers and professionals in the field will be able to recruit the competent translators of tomorrow. A center appropriately equipped for supporting the translator's task (library, data banks). A focal point for all those connected with the translation process (writers, translators, publishers) through a series of events, seminars and lectures and the publication of "Apiliotis", a quarterly of literature and translation.
1. Organisation of seminars and round tables bringing together writers and professional translators of literature to examine and improve the practices of the latter.
2. Organisation of meetings between writers and translators concentrating on a particular work, with the participation of professionals and a public interested in creative writing, literary translation and further training.
3. Organisation of meetings and international literary events.
4. The education of students in the literary cultures of the European Union and the practice of literary translation.
5. Publications designed to promote the diversity of works of literature.
6. Publication of a professional revue of European translation.
7. Institution of five Translation Awards in collaboration with the European Institutes of Athens.
8. Organisation of round table discussions open to the general public and conducted by writers and their translators.
9. Two residencies for writers and translators on the islands of Paros and Crete.