St. James Cavalier, Centre for Creativity, Castille Square
- Democracy and community development
- International/Cultural relations
- Youth and education
The Mission Statement for St James Cavalier Centre for Creativity focuses on St James' role as a catalyst for the contemporary art scene in Malta, as well as its role as a hub were people of all ages and from all walks of life can join in the enriching act of creativity.
St James Cavalier, Centre for Creativity will contribute to the cultural well-being by
• Acting as a catalyst for all forms of expression, by providing space and extending experience to reach all people and involve them in interactive participation.
• Establishing itself as a centre for cultural exchange with other countries, thus cultivating a sense of cultural identity based on local dimensions and international diversity in the light of Malta's development of cultural tourism.
• Fostering aesthetic and cultural awareness among the younger generation.
During the past year St. James Cavalier hosted 25 exhibitions, screened 90 films as part of the EUROPA cinema network and organised 10 film festivals in collaboration with foreign representations in Malta. 24 theatre productions were staged at the Centre attracting audiences of more than 11,000 patrons whereas 25 musical events were presented for more than 4000 patrons.
An arts education programme for school children has welcomed more than 12,000 children and their teachers to St. James Cavalier. Yearly, St. James Cavalier organises a performing arts festival during Easter and celebrates literature during World Book Day.