We are a registered non-profit foundation in Israel, governed by a board of 7 community leaders living the Galilee, and employing a staff of about 10 full and part time educators and one administrator. We have about 20 volunteers active in our various projects.
Our annual budget is about $350,000, of which a third comes from program fees, and two thirds from foundations, communities, and individuals.
All of our work is through concrete projects: We operate cultural programming for our region - lectures, festivals, film series, courses, etc. In addition we operate an encounter program for Jewish and Arab youth, a Jewish-Arab youth circus, and a Hebrew/Arabic internet newspaper.
In Jewish cultural programming we work with the Jewish Agency, the ORT network, and the Hebrew University. In Jewish Arab programming we work independently.
Mission: To bring about social change toward the goal of an open, just, and humane society in Israel - by means of direct educational encounter of the learner with persons, places, and texts - working with the entire spectrum of Israeli society.
- Fostering of mutual understanding and cooperation between different ideological and religious streams in Judaism
- Fostering of mutual understanding and cooperation between Jews and Arabs in the Galilee
- Deepening and strengthening the links between Israel and the Diaspora
- Education for the application of humane, Jewish values in Israeli society
- Deepening the connection to the Jewish heritage in the Galilee
- Arab-Jewish youth circus
- Hebrew/Arabic internet newspaper
- Youth leadership training program in Arab communities
- Jewish-Arab youth encounter seminars
- Pluralistic Jewish culture center: films, lectures, courses, festivals, holiday events
- Curriculum development and teacher training projects
- Value-education tourism programs in Galilee sites