Glopolis is an independent think-tank focusing on global challenges and the response of the Czech Republic and the EU to them in the context of sustainable development.
Structure - please see attached organigram
Budget - EUR 680 000 (2016)
Sources of funding - EC/EU, Czech Developmental Agency, RSJ a.s., US Embassy, the Municipality of the Capital City Prague, Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung Praha, Interreg Central Europe
Modalities of action and main partners: primarily concrete projects (please see partners on website) and consultancy activities
Glopolis strives to support the Czech Republic's active role in long-term sustainable development. In the field of food, environment and energy, finance and migration we contribute to a change in Czech society and its attitudes through widening horizons, linking up civil society with politics and business, and offering help in searching for responses to global challenges. Glopolis provides visions, analyses and training, organizes debates and public campaigns and builds local partnerships.
You can find the list of our current projects on our website.
Our main areas of work include:
- food: responsible consumption and food systems, food waste (incl. global education projects and a film festival)
- environment and energy: international, EU and Czech energy and climate policy, organic agriculture and greening business, nature/biodiversity conservation
- finance: financing for sustainable development with a focus on fair taxation, innovative investment
- migration: exploring deeper roots of dissatisfaction and better communication of migration, analyzing trends in external migration policy and their on impact on sustainable development,
- sustainable development: facilitating Czech civil society's contribution to the national strategy on sustainable development and the building of cross-sectoral partnerships for sustainable development
We can offer:
- participation at events (seminars, lectures and panel discussions, a film festival)
- resources on a spectrum of topics
- consultancy on specific topics
- consultancy and audit of organizations (support for a more sustainable/responsible approach)
- (university) courses, incl. tailor-made
Networking, identification of new partnerships and opportunities at both national and international levels; capacity-building opportunities; exchange of best practices