VIA MARCO POLO, 11
- Democracy and community development
- Environment/Sustainable development
- International/Cultural relations
- Youth and education
HABITAT WORLD’s mission is to contribute the cultural, social evolution and economic growth of the civilization byresearching and developing a harmonious synthesis between nature - art - science - economics in compliance with the psychophysical and ecosystem habitats.
> MAIN ACTIVITIES
to promote research, development and implementation projects that concern education, training and growth of new communications and cultural models in compliance with ecosystems and habitats, especially those projects that can generate employment in a sustainable community through new occupations;
• to generate new ways of collaboration and cooperation networks hat have the same target of smart, inclusive and sustainable development, in accordance to European directives Europe 2020, that concern particularly the large geopolitical areas such as the Adriatic Ionian and the south east Europe, the Mediterranean and the Black Sea, as well as in all developing countries;
to develop and to promote all the initiatives and projects putting across and broadcasting through various interactive and dynamic tools, including magazines and scientific publications, for the growth of a collective mind that constantly interact in an empathically and dynamic way;
to present the official results of the works at the European Parliament and the national intergovernmental bodies, ensuring a constantly proactive and constructive interaction with all institutions;
periodically organizing “Biennale Habitat” envisioned like an instrument of collective interdisciplinary
and multicultural dialogue that promote excellence in the involved areas and create networks for sustainable development of exemplary projects involving public- private joint ventures (companies, universities, research centers, etc.);
to direct the SME and other economic realities by promoting training, internationalization, technological innovation aimed at protection and enhancement of the territories and their ecosystem;
to set up project works for investments in 'art science nature economy' or project works of creative sensitive intelligence produced by local citizens aimed at changing and regenerating urban habitat, agricultural, coastal, mountain, historical, environmental, landscapes, etc. using innovative methods and tools with the energy, water and human resources of the territories, to improve physical, mental, cultural, social and economic conditions of involved civilization;
to bring up and train the 'citizens of the world' new generation to live in peace through promoting twinning and exchanges of young people from different cultures and religions especially for an environmental and artistic education
SUMMARY OF ACTIVITIES CARRIED OUT AND REMINDER OF FUTURE ACTIVITIES 2019-2022
During these years HABITAT WORLD has worked on the elaboration and organization of projects, proposals, initiatives, national and international conferences, connecting civil, scientific and professional society with the different institutional levels to develop contents in line with the needs of protection, enhancement and innovation of our immense environmental and cultural heritage, on the one hand, and following the Euro-Mediterranean strategies of the Adriatic-Ionian and Western Mediterranean macro-regions, on the other.
We have been particularly dedicated:
- to the itinerant event/workshop created by us under the name “Biennale Habitat"; which involved in the two editions 2012- 2014 and 2016-2018 about 25 cities in countries such as Greece, Croatia, Albania, Bosnia Herzegovina, Montenegro, Malta, Tunisia, etc. as well as different regions of Italy, working with associations, schools, universities, chambers of commerce, local and regional authorities, international bodies and networks that deal with research, environment, art and culture in various Euro-Mediterranean contexts;
- participated actively in Expo 2015 at the Aquae pavilion, with the exhibition of an award-winning project for the Venice Lagoon and the Waterways of the Northern Adriatic;
- worked at conferences in Rome and Mogadishu for the closure of memoranda of understanding between Italian Chambers of Commerce and Chambers of Commerce in Somalia to develop training, creation of Italian-Somali companies and for the launch of sustainable cooperation projects for agriculture, green building and craftsmanship in the Horn of Africa;
- organized training seminars and workshops on urban and landscape regeneration in collaboration with professional bodies;
- prepared projects for the regeneration of the coastline in Cilento and Ugento, and redevelopment projects for the repopulation of the historical villages of Central and Southern Italy.
Our latest initiatives in the Euro-Mediterranean context are:
- the elaboration and launch of an international master's degree SED MED - SUSTAINABLE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT IN THE MEDITERRANEAN AREA - centred on the Economies of the Sea and the Blue Economy, for the creation of specific professional figures for the realization and management of a special economic region for the sustainable development of the Mediterranean (in collaboration with Unioncamere, Assonautica Italiana, Assocamerestero and the eCampus university);
- the creation of an international award dedicated to the “Mediterranean World Heritage"; for the research and dissemination of innovative projects from all Mediterranean countries aimed at sustainable development, environmental protection, protection and enhancement of cultural heritage.
The MEDITERRANEN HERITAGE OF HUMANITY award, organised in Alghero by bodies such as the Sassari Chamber of Commerce, Assonautica Nord Sardegna with a consortium of municipalities in the area, was a great success with the public and the press. The first prize was awarded in the category "art and culture"; to the Egyptian Hamdy Mahamud Elesetouhy for the project "Shazli";, the name of a village that was in danger of disappearing into the desert. The project concerns its requalification by recovering ancient construction techniques, to be handed down to the young people involved in the project and using local materials. The reconstruction and creation of common areas for activities related to pastoralism, social and religious life, the recovery of water and its use through systems that exploit the action of the wind, has allowed the local community to regain not only dignity and chance of survival, working, but also to keep alive a culture that has become an opportunity for the future. For the category "sustainable recovery and regeneration projects";, the first prize chosen by the jury is the Greek project "Costa Nostrum"; - Certification Standard for the Sustainable Management & Development of Mediterranean Beaches by Vasileios Zisimopoulus. The project is based on a methodology of environmental quality applied and tested in Crete that provides the possibility to certify beaches and coastal areas using a range of parameters including the judgment of tourists and users of services. The considerable value of the projects presented and in particular of the projects that received special mentions and awards was much appreciated and around the initiative of the award gathered distinguished guests, experts, delegates of important networks such as WISTA, MEDPAN, ASCAME, etc. and diplomatic representatives of the countries that participated in this first edition and that are carefully following the development and growth of this large archive of innovative projects to be disseminated and connected to create cultural bridges and knowledge between the Mediterranean countries. IEMED has also expressed its interest in deepening a collaboration with Habitat World in the coming months.
Already in this first edition the Ambassadors in Italy of Egypt H. E. Hisham Badr, Croatia H. E. Jasen Mesic and Albania H. E. Anila Bitri Lani - representing the countries of the southern shore of the Mediterranean, the EU member countries and candidate countries - have actively participated - since the research of the projects to be nominated for the prize as well as the final day on May 4th - with whom we have established a relationship of collaboration on the projects and dissemination initiatives in the countries of their area of reference. The sustainable development of the Mediterranean area and cultural cooperation are common objectives that can be strengthened through the active and proactive collaboration of the best sensitive minds and forward-looking visions that we are seeking and connecting through the initiative of the Award. Our association Habitat World aims to follow and make concrete the positive effects for the quality of life and awareness of our economic potential, if related to the protection and enhancement of the historical-cultural, environmental-landscape, everything, and the extraordinary mosaic of diversity that composes it. The overall strategy therefore translates into targeted actions that, in synergy, can make the Mediterranean the cradle of enlightened and renewed civilizations.
Habitat World is crucially also a contact point for Mediterranean initiatives for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation (MAECI) of the Government of Italy and for the Diplomatic Community in Italy. Habitat World is also working closely with a number of sea and mountain communities in and around the Mediterranean bringing their specific agenda to the fore of national and international platforms.
The third Biennale Habitat 2020-2022 is currently being developed:
BY FOCUSING ON THE BIENNALE HABITAT (NEXT EDITION IS 2020-2022) WHICH WILL TARGET:
THE VOYAGES OF CIVILISATIONS - THE HERITAGES OF HUMANITY - THE FUTURE HORIZONS
The Biennale Habitat will develop the general theme during a three-year period of activity by articulating the various interconnected areas through an interdisciplinary and holistic approach, a New Humanism - Renaissance - that focuses on human well-being, the enhancement of the immense cultural heritage of the Mediterranean and the sustainability of different natural and anthropogenic habitat: ART - CULTURE - ENVIRONMENT - ARCHITECTURE - SEA AND WATERWAYS - MUSIC - INTERNATIONAL TRADE AND FINANCE - FOOD AND WINE - THEATRE - FASHION - CRAFTS AND ANCIENT TRADES - TRAVEL AND TRAVELLERS - AUDIOVISUAL AND DOCUFILMS - PORTS AND MEETING POINTS AND CONTAMINATION BETWEEN CIVILISATIONS
The three pillars:
the protection and enhancement of cultural, artistic, historical and architectural heritage - the lesson of ancient civilizations and innovations for villages, towns and sustainable cities in the Mediterranean - the new scenarios of conscious, experiential and sensory tourism - the Economy of Beauty
knowledge of environmental heritage - protection of marine and river habitats - enhancement of the landscape - Smart Parks - technical and technological innovations for habitats'; such as coasts and river basins - motorways of the sea - landing places and port cities - sustainable mobility between land and sea - Green and Blue Economy
3. HUMAN VALUES
the thought of man in the 21st century - the history of philosophy and contemporary visions - the transformation of values and the theme of identities - the and of Mediterranean civilizations - the Humanistic Economy
Partners: Assonautica Italiana e Euromediterranea - Assocamerestero - MedPan Network - Wista Med - Ascame Network – Umar
Contact in progress: embassies, research bodies, Italian and foreign national and local public bodies, cultural associations and business networks, banking foundations, virtuous companies, national and international sponsors Institutional patronage: Ministry of Cultural Heritage, Ministry of the Environment, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Ministry of Labour and Tourism, Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport, Ministry of Economic Development
The types of activities that Biennale Habitat’ expertise team is planning to express the themes and articulate thedifferent areas to develope projects and skills will be:
1. ACADEMIC SEMINARS, WITH EXPERTS AND STAKEHOLDERS CONNECTING THE MEDITERRANEAN, 2. THEATRICAL AND MUSICAL PERFORMANCES (EVENINGS OF MUSIC AND CHOIRS)
3. PAINTING AND SCULPTURE EXHIBITIONS - VERNISSAGE OF POETRY AND BOOK PRESENTATIONS 4. LECTIO MAGISTRALIS OF COMMERCE and GEO-POLITICS IN THE MEDITERRANEAN
5. DISCUSSIONS: FOCUS ON POLITICS, ENVIRONMENT, TRAVEL, GLOBAL DYNAMICS, SUSTAINABLE INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION
6. OPEN DAYS FOR INSTITUTIONS, UNIVERSITIES, BANKS, INVESTORS, ETC. WORKING IN AND AROUND THE MEDITERRANEAN
7. FOOD AND BEVERAGE DAYS - THE BRIDGES THROUGH FOOD
8. A PROFESSIONAL MASTER'S DEGREE WITH A MULTIPLE DEGREE FROM MEDITERRANEAN UNIVERSITIES
9. SUMMER/SPRING/WINTER SCHOOL BRINGING GLOBAL WORLDS TO THE MEDITERRANEAN
10. AN INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION FOR THEMATIC AREAS
11. THEMATIC WORKSHOPS ON DIFFERENT AREAS OF INTEREST AND INVESTMENT
HABITAT WORLD with its international and national partners can contribute with its activities both in Italy and around the Mediterranean to the objectives set by the ALF Network. The launch of the Biennale 2020 will take off from the Biblioteca Alexandrina and will be itinerant around the Mediterranean, with confirmed events in Rome, Venice, Beirut, Barcelona, Marseille, etc.
Habitat World is a reliable organisation which has attracted the interest of partnership both within the country and outside (vide official partnership just signed with ASCAME and presentation of Habitat World in the MedaWeek Barcelona, November 2019.