Khayal is a cooperative Association, 1 full timer employees and 2 part timers. Projects are mainly self financed or granted and supported by International or local partners. Khayal is the extension and expansion of “The Lebanese Puppet Theatre”. Our fields are related to Arts and Education, and projects or activities related. Our projects: Plays, Trainings, Networking, cultural and Social projects. And others. Our partners are: SHAMS, ASSITEJ Int., DCCD (Denmark), UNIMA. Membre fondateur dans: Réseau Voyage du geste, fédération Int. Marionnettes et thérapie, Réseau marionnettes et ombre du Méditerranée.
KHAYAL seeks to reinforce the Arts as a universal means of expression and communication between individuals and societies.
To highlight the role of artists in order to transform it into a need and necessity through:
• Improving the creative, technical, social and administrative skills of young artists
• Encouraging communication and cultural networking among artists from different cultures and nationalities
• Supporting and realizing artistic productions and events
To promote the Arts for the purposes of education, social development, awareness, advocacy, psychosocial animation, etc. through:
• Creating and implementing projects in different fields through the Arts
• Developing new methods and approaches of integrating arts in community actions
KHAYAL is currently active in the following domains:
1. Performing Arts
- Theatre plays for young audiences and adults
- Support for theatre productions of young artists and students
- Co-productions with associations and individuals worldwide
- Festivals and seminars at local and international levels
2. Arts & Social Action
- Social development projects, awareness and advocacy campaigns and psychosocial support through the Arts
- Interactive theatre sessions addressing social issues
3. Arts & Learning
- Educational projects using the Arts as a pedagogic tool
- Workshops and training sessions for artists, educators, social workers, etc.
- Creative workshops for children and young people
4. Arts & Youth
- Cultural exchanges and networking between young people in Lebanon and other countries
- Facilitation of young artists’ mobility between Lebanon and other countries.