Rruga Muhamet Gjollesha, 7-floor building,
Pall. 16/1, App. 9, 5th Floor, (In front of Diplomat Hotel)
PO Box. 2418/1, Central Post Office, Tirana
- Democracy and community development
- International/Cultural relations
- Youth and education
Partners - Albania mission is advancement of civil society and a culture of change and conflict management in Albania. PA works to strengthen institutions, communities and individuals capacity to manage change, maximize the benefits of diversity, prevent and resolve conflicts. Three pillars of its overall scope of work and strategy in the country are: (1) provision of multidimensional assistance to the third sector (2) strengthening local government role through training and capacity building initiatives (3) launching of cross-sector initiatives targeting academic circles, youth, women and diverse groups in the country and in international level.
PA has a reach experience in program design and implementation in local, national and international level. The targeted areas/groups in the PA projects in 8 year experience have been:
* NPO sector - providing to them capacity building training and direct assistance, as well small grants in the frame of Social Development Fund Program and Democracy and Governance in Albania Program funded by USAID (2001-2007); and Network of Open Society in Albania Program, funded by OSFA (2006-2009). PA has become a prominent leader in the sector and serves from 8 years as a resource center for sector and inter sectoral partners.
* Local Government - PA implemented Local Government Capacity Building Programs for a period of six years (2001-2006). Over 200 local government officials from 13 municipalities have received training in communication and outreach skills, financial accountability, conflict management skills, and improving the ethical environment. Two Regional Projects supported by Stability Pact and Balkan Trust for Democracy, have been initiated and implemented by Partners - Albania, in partnership with its regional partner organizations on " Fostering Communication and Outreach Skills of Local Government" (2004) and on “Promotion and Dissemination of Best Practices on Participatory Local Governance at cross- Balkan level, among municipalities of Albania, Macedonia and Montenegro” (2005-1006). During 2008-2009, PA implemented in 6 Municipality the Anti corruption initiative: "Towards a more transparent and accountable local governance", funded by British, Netherlands and US Embassy in Tirana.
* Youth Projects - Almost 200 young leaders from across Albania have been trained in a range of leadership, conflict management, coalition building, and project implementation skills and have gone on to implement projects using these skills in their communities.
• National Youth Strategy and National Youth Action Plan: Partners – Albania facilitated the process of Reviewing of the National Youth Strategy and the Design of the National Youth Action Plan for 2006-2011. Partners – Albania in closed collaboration with the Ministry of Tourism, Culture, Youth and Sports and supported by UN Agencies in Albania, (UNICEF, UNDP, ILO/IPEC/UNFPA) had leaded and facilitated the process. PA was selected to lead this process based on its previous experiences, expertise high level of knowledge of the sector and good partnership with youth civil society organizations in various regions. The process has been a very participatory one including youth organizations, youth political forums, disadvantaged youth organizations, Roma and Egyptian organization, business organizations, local government representatives, government agencies all over the country. 4 regional workshops has been organized in Tirana, Shkodra, Vlora and Korca. More than 300 youth and representatives of youth organizations in Albania were actively involved in the process. By October 2006, National Youth Strategy and National Youth Action Plan were approved by the Albanian Government.
* Woman Programs - As part of Women leadership program, seventeen women have comprised the core participant group, which has received training in skills including conflict management, leadership, and advocacy and networking. This group has implemented action plans in their communities and gone on to train 340 additional women from across the country in these skills. Woman and Woman NPOs has also been part of the training and grant program of PA during 2001-2007.
* International Training and Exchange Program - PA based on the expertise and experience accumulated in the Center throughout the years, P-A has continued during this two year period to offer a series of training and technical assistance programs to various sectors in international level. Some of the experiences includes: Montenegro, Macedonia, Kosovo, Tajikistan, Jordan, Georgia, etc.
* Public Administration in Central Level - PA as an implementing partner of Chemonics International in support of the Albania’s Millennium Challenge Account Threshold Country Plan, from 2006 to 2008 offered support to the strengthening of human resource capacities of Tax Administration, Public Procurement Institutions and National Registration Center of Bussineses. PA had also supported and organized a series of training and round tables with the above mentioned Institution’s employees aiming to inform them and other representatives of groups of interest and media as well on the Public Procurement Low, Electronic Procurement, and Customer Care etc. In this framework, only in 2007 PA contributed in the organization of several workshops, round tables and trainings with the participation of representatives and employees of these institutions, with a total number of 352 beneficiaries. Two surveys for the National Registration Center and Tax Office Performance has been administered by PA during 2008 (about 1800 interviews).