Valahia University of Targoviste, The Romanian Association for Baltic and Nordic Studies, Carol I Ave., No. 34
- International/Cultural relations
- Youth and education
The aim of The Romanian Association for Baltic and Nordic Studies is the promotion of research activities in the field of Baltic and Bordic studies, the encouragement of knowledge in public benefit regarding this geographical area, including by the means of education, especially of higher education, the cooperation with similar institutions and associations from Romania and abroad, the promotion of the dialogue and cooperation on the axis the Baltic Sea – the Black Sea.
The main projects for the year 2009 are:
- organizing an international conference in September;
- editing the magazine Revista Romana pentru Studii Baltice si Nordice in December;
- participating in the Baltic Conference of Kaunas in June and in Aleksanteri Institute of Helsinki University Conference in October;
- applying for a European FP 7 grant in cooperation with other European universities;
- establishing ourselves as a recognized body in the dialogue between South-Eastern and North-Eastern and Northern Europe.