- Democracy and community development
- Environment/Sustainable development
- Human rights
- Youth and education
The main objective os Sawa to develop the aknowledge for people especially the underprivileged, we care about Human Rights, the dialogue between diffrent communities, now the dialogue and conflict resolution between the Syrians Refugees and the lebanese community,
we care about the education for children and youth , we provide specail courses for illitracy in refugees camps in Bekaa ,
we care about the women rights, we organized many workshops about gender based violence and awerness about early childrn marriage
women empowerment is our goal, we organized worshops for women entreprneur and economical empowerment
• Worked closely with Environment and Development magazine and participated in its workshops on the environment. Published articles in the magazine on environmental issues especially in Bekaa, Lebanon. The Foundation organized educational programs such as painting and reading to the children in the schools.
• Participated in Billion Tree campaign with UNEP, we planted about 50000 conifers trees in Bekaa valley, Lebanon
• A member of Sawa Associatiopn is a Junior Board member with UNEP ( representing West Asia)
• Welcomed the Syrian refugees as they came to Lebanon through the borders ( 2011 ) , worked to assist the displaced in Bekaa distributing shelter, food, and services for refugees.
• Planted 3000 conifers trees in 6 refugees camps in Bar –Elias , Lebanon,
• Organized workshops about Child marriage and Violence against women in Bekaa and Akkar , and in Refugees camps in Bar- Elias
• Opening a public library in Bar Elias camp
• Workshops with FNF on the topic of gender violence in the refugees camps.
• Workshops for children ( Syrians and Lebanese ) about children rights
we opened 3 English classes for women ( TWE ) , a program in collaboration with the American Embassy in Beirut ( in the villages jib- jannine, Majdel Anjar and Beirut ) with municipalities as parteners
We are looking to double our work and share ideas and workshops with other organizations, to be more effective inthe region especailly Bekaa valley where there is poverty and illitracy for women, we have a large community to work with, we are aiming for workshops for youth about conflict resolution and awarness against fanatics and war, to make an approach between different sections in villages of different religions and between different communities
We are aiming to be a member to activate our work, acquire new knowledge , share ideas and work on the same theme to improve our community and be a part of ALF work in the middle east,