Support to Life (STL) / Hayata Destek is an international non-governmental, non-profit organization with main office in Ankara, Turkey. With 6 permanent Turkish staff members and a group of local staff, STL is currently active in humanitarian assistance projects in Iran (since March 2005) and in Kashmir, Pakistan (since the earthquake in October 2005). Donor partners of STL include international NGOs and UN agencies as the main source of funds. Average annual turnover is 3,540,000 Euro. Field based community work is the main modality of action of STL.
STL is involved in humanitarian assistance, psycho-social rehabilitation, and the recovery of communities affected by disasters and conflicts, concentrating on the needs of children, youth, women, and the vulnerable. The main program areas of STL include relief aid, social protection, education, capacity building, and livelihoods support, promoting participatory approaches to humanitarian assistance and development work. STL carries out research in fields that are within the scope of activities from relief aid to development activities and prepares reports and studies on researched topics.
* Psycho-social Care for Children end Adolescents of Bam, Iran
* Drug Prevention based Life Skills at Baravat Community Center, Bam
* Kindergarten and Music Training for Children in IDP Camps
* Transitional Community Centers for Women and Children in Kashmir, Pakistan
* Emergency Education in school tents, Kashmir
* Training in Participatory Project Design and Management to Local NGOs and Social Workers in Bam, Iran
* Training of Trainers (ToT) for Social Workers in Life Skills Education
* Recovery of 130 Small Scale Businesses and Workshops in Bam, Iran
* Reforestation Project within Food-for-Work Program
* Emergency Road Clearing within Food-for-Work Program