Liedbergsgatan 4, 352 30 Växjö
- Democracy and community development
- International/Cultural relations
- Youth and education
We achieve our objectives by:
- producing and communicating knowledge about young people’s living conditions
- following up the objectives set for national youth policy by the Riksdag (the Swedish Parliament) and the Government and supporting municipalities in their youth policy work
- distributing funds to civil society organisations, projects and international cooperation
- collecting and disseminating knowledge about civil society, its working conditions, composition and development
- forming networks with relevant governmental agencies and organisations.
The Swedish Agency for Youth and Civil Society (MUCF) is distributing funds to the civil society in the form of support for organisations, projects and international cooperation. All the support we distribute is given on behalf of the Swedish government.
MUCF's main activities include:
• follow up indicators for the national youth policy in close cooperation with other central governmental authorities
• carry out every year an in-depth analysis of young people’s living conditions within a specially chosen area.
• work in close interactions with researchers.
• cooperate with municipalities in their work to develop methods for increasing their knowledge about young people.
• arrange conferences for the exchange of experiences between municipalities.
• cooperate with and subsidise a number of “local resource centres” for youth issues.
• distribute funds from the Swedish Inheritance Fund to projects that attempt to end young people’s exclusion from the labour market.
• distribute funds to national youth organizations.
• work towards and intercultural understanding through different international exchange programs.