- Democracy and community development
- Human rights
- Youth and education
WATC aims to eliminate all forms of discrimination against women, to develop their role in society, and to enable them to reach decision-making positions.
1. Develop the capacity of women member organizations with grass roots and activate their role in the process of community change.
2. Improve the level of coordination and networking with the civil society organizations to gain more support for women’s issues.
3. Monitoring legislation, laws, policies and programmes for elimination of gender discrimination, and ensure the protection of women's rights.
4. Develop women's skills and competencies to reach decision-making levels.
5. Identifying and nurturing talented women and support their initiatives
6. Promoting social awareness on women’s issues and rights, and erasing stereotypes about women's roles in society.
WATC works at different levels: at the level of the decision makers, community awareness, empowerment of women, capacity building, and networking for a unified agenda for women’s rights. The table below the target groups and the programmes and activities and strategies directed to each group.
Programmes/Projects that WATC worked at in the last 3 years:
Advocacy and lobbying
Empowerment of young women
Empowerment of rural women
Empowerment for leadership
Voice of Women Newsletter
Women of the future (IT Centres)
Community Education\Gender mainstreaming in development (partnership projects)
Campaigning for girls' education