The Anna Lindh Foundation is seeking to appoint a pool of Network Officers as new members of its global management team. We are looking for dynamic and ambitious professionals who share our values and are passionate about scaling-up the impact and reach of intercultural action and voice across the Mediterranean region.
The Network Officers , working from the ALF HQ, will enhance the team of the Network Unit having the overall responsibility to enhance the quality of the relationships between the ALF Secretariat and the networks as part of the civil society across the 42 countries of the Union of Mediterranean.The Network officers will be part of an international team and will be encouraged to learn about the Foundation’s programming and methodologies developed with civil society networks across the Middle East, North Africa, the Balkans and Europe.
We are currently living in a historical era in which mistrust and polarization between societies are rising. In this context the Anna Lindh Foundation firmly believes that:
- We need alternative narratives to fight extremist discourses and radicalisations. That is why we empower young voices by providing platforms for young people to build together more open, inclusive and resilient communities.
- We need more inclusive and empathetic societies to fight the lack of trust and intolerance. To do so, we introduce impactful research on international policymaking. We provide a unique understanding of conflict dynamics through research, media dialogue and opinion-leadership.
- We need to build a culture based on dialogue and exchange. By leading a movement, we work with our far-reaching network to bring together and inspire other civil societies, and multiplying our impact in that way.
In this context, the Anna Lindh Foundation is increasingly sought after a partner of choice with multi-lateral organisations and regional institutions, and as a source of expertise in shaping effective policies in the domain of conflict prevention, migration and social cohesion, resilient cities, inclusive institutions and regional cooperation.
This post focuses on actively contributing to strengthening the quality of relations between ALF Secretariat and the national Head of Networks, on further developing relations with the CSOs (network members), on monitoring the progress of networks related activities to maximise their visibility and impact.
The Network Officers will be expected to:
- Supporting the HONs Manager in developing the strategy for the development and consolidation of the National Networks;
- Supporting the HONs Manager in defining the criteria for establishing the financial envelope threshold for the National HoN, developing the tender dossiers;
- Assisting the HONs Manager in the overall process of the evaluation of the offers (drafting Terms of Reference, preparing calendar and assuring the launch, participating in the evaluation committee and preparation of the contract dossiers etc). Contributing to the follow up in the communication with the participants;
- Ensuring the correct and timely development and implementation of the activities assigned. Following up with service providers and updating the related administrative tools in close collaboration with the Administration. Contributing to the selection of the participants to be involved in activities and assisting in the process;
- Leading and ensuring the overall technical monitoring of the implementation status of the assigned portfolio and regularly reporting to the HONs Manager regarding progress made and any difficulties arisen in relation to the set objectives and calendar;
- Carrying out field missions representing the Foundation if and when needed, in designated meetings and events, and reporting about them;
- Working collaboratively with a cross-disciplinary approach with evaluation technical committees and ad-hoc task forces;
- In coordination with the Monitoring & Evaluation team, insuring the systematic compliance of information and reports to assess result and impact of the National Network, and contributing to the reporting exercise and analyse of the required reports;
- Contributing to the implementation of communication and visibility tools for the National Networks and related activities, in close coordination with the ALF Communication Team;
- Facilitating the circulation of information, applying to the Project Cycle Management, using the Internal Information System and sharing the data base of the programmes in order to achieve transparency and accountability; and
Contributing to the overall work of the Network Unit as an integral department of the ALF International Headquarters.
We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated individual with experience in project management and good public relations skills. The candidate must have:
A Bachelor’s Degree in BA or international relations or any similar domain .A Master’s Degree is considered added value as well as specic training courses in project management, monitoring.
- At least three (3) years of related work experience in project management, monitoring of programmes, contracts preferably related to the civil society engagement and mobilization;
- Good knowledge of donor-funded project management and procedures. Knowledge of EU procedures is considered an asset;
- Experience in contributing to designing training and capacity building initiatives;
- Proven experience in coordinating, rolling out processes, collating and analysing data to inform decision-making.
- Demonstrable experience of managing relationships with partners, and partnership-building;
- Familiarity with the work of the Anna Lindh Foundation, its mandate, main areas of focus; networks, government bodies and departments.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in at least 2 of the 3 working languages of the ALF (Arabic, English, French) with a third official working language as an important asset;
- Experience with G Suite, and/or any relevant information management systems;
- Cultural sensitivity and strong interest in intercultural dialogue;
- Ability to maintain professionalism, creativity, and enthusiasm while working in a fast-paced, diverse environment with minimal supervision;
- Experience working in a Southern Mediterranean country an asset;
- Willingness to travel on short notice within the Euro-Med region.
This position is based in Alexandria.
To apply, please fill out the application below by the 27 June with the following items:
- Current CV (Europass format is recommended)
- Cover letter (one page focused on motivation)
- Optional additional components such as reference letters
Only applications invited to interview will be contacted.