Date: Thursday 27th April 2017.
Time: Registration is at 15:00. The event starts at 15:30 h.
Place: Sala Borg Oliver, Ministry for Foreign Affairs in Valletta.
The Anna Lindh Foundation will on Thursday, 27 April 2017, release the results of its latest Intercultural Trends Survey carried out with Ipsos-MORI. The Trends Survey is the only public opinion polling of its kind on values and social change conducted across the EU and its southern Mediterranean neighbourhood.
The results of the latest Survey will be launched in Malta, current Presidency of the European Council, at a media event hosted by the Minister for Foreign Affairs Dr George Vella (15h, Ministry for Foreign Affairs, Valletta).
The launch has been timed to take place on the eve of the “EU-South Regional Dialogue”, the first event of its kind to bring together Foreign Ministers from the SU and the Southern Neighbourhood to discuss issues related to youth participation, education, cultural mobility, and intercultural dialogue.
The Anna Lindh Foundation Survey covered 1000 interviewees in each of thirteen countries - eight from the EU and five from south of the Mediterranean. The result is a huge amount of data on what people see as critical aspects of life in this Euro-Mediterranean region, and the key similarities and differences they find between themselves and those from other countries, cultures and backgrounds.
The launch presentation will:
- Expose the views of the public on the most effective ways to prevent conflict and tackle radicalisation through dialogue action.
- Reveal the potential gains that citizens across the region perceive from Euro-Mediterranean cooperation and EU-South Dialogue.
- Analyse key social trends in the Mediterranean, and their implications for tackling issues of common concern across the region.
- Analyse the potential of media in shaping perceptions between citizens north and south, and examine the issue of trust in media.
- Announce new areas of programming and policy in the domains of investment in youth, education reform, and media dialogue.
To attend this event, please send your confirmation: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Intercultural Trends Report of the Anna Lindh Foundation is supported by the European Union.