Esnad is an innovative approach to address unequal access to education opportunities in underprivileged areas of the West Bank and Gaza.
Jihad Shojaeha the founder of the initiative .
Eman Hamdan: PR & Fundraising officer.
Sawsan Almasaead: program officer.
Hani Qaddumi scholarship foundation
• Synergos Award: support the idea and provide thirty two thousand dollars and also provided an integrated training for participated members.
• ASHOkA Award: support one of the team members to work just on the idea for three years and also provided logistical and consulting support for the idea.
• Student union in Palestine: support the idea and help to publish it through media.
• King Abdullah II Award for Youth Innovation and Achievement: Participate in King Abdullah Award for Youth Innovation and have qualified to the final stage.
• Takreem Award: for Innovation in Education
This initiative aims at funding academically talented but underprivileged students to attend university. These university students then "pay it forward" by going back to their communities and tutoring groups of primary and secondary school students, serving as mentors and positive role models for younger generations of students and as valuable academic resources to rural communities. The initiative is helping to close the gap in access to education, raise academic standards, provide education to women, and break the cycle of poverty
University students serve their community by being mentors and positive role models for younger generations of students and as valuable academic resources to rural communities.
• Close the gap in access to education, raise academic standards, provide education to women, and break the cycle of poverty by using education as weapon to fight poverty.
• Involving more females as leaders in their communities.
• Improving the quality of education by using extracurricular activities as a way of learning.