Unimed Week in Brussels
The UNIMED WEEK IN BRUSSELS is a forum for discussion and networking, an occasion for our associates to meet European and international institutions and learn more about their current and future programs.
This year the UNIMED WEEK IN BRUSSELS will be the occasion for our members to discuss with the European Commission about the evolution for the upcoming period 2021-2027 and the policies aiming to foster the cooperation and improve the integration at all levels in the Euro-Mediterranean region. Working sessions will be organized with representatives of DG EAC-Education and Culture, DG RTD-Research and Innovation and DG NEAR-Neighborhood Policy and Enlargement Negotiation.
The UNIMED activities and projects are increasingly recognized by the European Commission as well as by other international institutions. This initiative in Brussels will therefore be an opportunity to look at the past, to go on through the course and to further strengthen our network.
Over the years, a number of key challenges have been identified in the academic and scientific cooperation within the Mediterranean region, such as:
- strengthening mobility opportunities;
- working on supporting refugees, including students, adults, academic staff and researchers;
- reinforcing networking opportunities for universities with enterprises and socio-economic realities;
- rethinking new policy instruments at EU level;
- increasing social responsibility in the university system to face the new challenges of the region.
Building on last years’ experience, we hope the UNIMED WEEK IN BRUSSELS 2020 will be a good opportunity to get even more people engaged in sharing and discussing different points of view on cooperation with the Mediterranean region.
We look forward to sharing with you another edition of the UNIMED WEEK IN BRUSSELS and UNIMED Staff is available for all the information you might need.