schulstrasse 11 c/o Hlayel
- Democracy and community development
- Human rights
- International/Cultural relations
- Youth and education
To foster Euro-Mediterranean culture, the sense of belonging, commitment to dialogue and mutual understanding.
To establish a common network of networks by bringing together youth initiatives, NGOs, workers and activists of the Euro-Mediterranean space in order to cooperate and overcome the obstacles that prevent building common understanding, promoting the coexistence and interconnection of Euro-Mediterranean cultures.
1. Providing a helping hand to youth in conflict areas around the Euro-Med space.
2. Facilitating the empowerment and capacity building of youth in partnership with youth workers and NGOs from all over the world.
3. Organizing and managing cultural, artistic and social activities (conferences, exhibitions, festivals, competitions) addressing humanitarian issues.
4. Developing projects which aim to serve and support the development of societies, societal understanding, cooperation -local and international- and intercultural dialogue.
5. Publishing newsletters, magazines, educational media and newspapers.
6. Designing training courses and establishing a university or specialized department in the field of Euro-Mediterranean Studies, peace and dialogue between cultures.
7. Supporting youth’s programs, activities and projects across the world.
1. The project of "Made in EuroMed", www.madeineuromed.eu
The project strategy is designed to achieve development in the Euro-Mediterranean area, decreasing unemployment, illegal immigration, conflicts, etc., making a better future for people. For this, the focus is both on individuals and institutions (companies and partners). Individuals animated by the desire to build up a career will discover the benefits of voluntary work by being in touch with future employers from different countries, having the possibility to apply for internships or jobs. Companies will be able to access by one click suppliers and potential customers, benefit of social market campaigns and use the social label on their products. Partners like Civil Society organizations, Youth Initiatives and NGOs will find the necessary support (qualified human resources, tools to find new partners) to face social, cultural and economic challenges. The tools used to promote our project are main web portal, social media networks, social campaigns and mobile application.
Moreover, We are active with Erasmus program that promote non-formal education and organizing activities as a coordinator and as a partner as well with our EuroMed partners. And our board members are members of the Cultural Innovators Network, Goethe Institut, July 2012 till now http://culturalinnovatorsnetwork.org/
The world is becoming increasingly diverse and includes people of many religions, languages, economic groups, and other cultural groups. It is becoming clear that in order to build communities that are successful at improving conditions, resolving problems and refugees' integration in their new hosting communities as example in Europe, we need to understand and appreciate many cultures to face stereotypes, establish relationships with people from cultures other than our own, and build strong alliances with different cultural groups.
We will bring non-mainstream groups into the center of civic activity. Why? In order to build communities that are powerful enough to attain significant change, we need large numbers of people working together. If cultural groups join forces, they will be more effective in reaching common goals in the EuroMed area, than if each group operates in isolation. And we will bring our experience, efforts, contacts to network with other ALF's members to create common projects and achieve the foundation objects.
One of our organisation’s aims is to equip the leaders of the tomorrow’s world with the basic knowledge and practical skills for being active citizens to make positive changes in their communities.
We have run a series of activities in which we promoted dialogue between cultures, building common understanding and promoting the coexistence. Being a member of Anna Lindh foundation will expand our network of contacts, and broaden our knowledge being exposed to different approaches and initiatives related to international solidarity and create partnerships with other ALF's networks' members.
We are willing to share our practical experience in this field and contribute to promote the philosophy of Anna Lindh foundation in the Euro-Mediterranean area.