Call for participation to the Training on Intercultural Competences for Youth in the Euro-Mediterranean region
In the framework of the ALF Virtual Marathon for Dialogue in the EuroMed region, UNESCO and the Anna Lindh Foundation are organising a Training on Intercultural Competencies for Youth in the Euro-Mediterranean region on 17 May from 3 PM to 6 PM (CEST).
The training is based on UNESCO’s Manual for Developing Intercultural Competencies, which presents the Story Circlestraining methodology that enables participants to acquire strong skills for tolerance, empathy, critical thinking and listening for understanding.
These are considered essential skills for young people within a global context where the ongoing global pandemic has deepened disparities and exposed the vulnerability of refugees, migrants, minorities and indigenous peoples.
Darla K. Deardorff, scholar at Duke University and author of the Manual will deliver the training. The training session will be held in English with interpretation in French.
Click here to apply!<https://forms.office.com/r/eVDr7FhyQU>
The deadline for receiving applications is on 4 May 2021.
Selection of participants is based on the following criteria:
* Being a young person aged between 18-30.
* Being a member of the Young Mediterranean Voices alumni community, the EVE alumni community, or the ALF networks.
* Nationality and/or residency of the applicant of one of the 42 EuroMed countries.
* The capacity of the candidate to communicate and understand English and/or French.
* Commitment and clarity of the follow-up on the training by the candidate acting as facilitator of future Story Circles activities in his own community.
In the selection process gender balance and geographical balance will be taken into consideration.
Please find the concept note in the attachments below.