- Democracy and community development
- Human rights
- International/Cultural relations
- Youth and education
Our mission is to promote and develop mutual adaptation and communication between migrants, and host society and promoting a healthy, harmonious and filled life at the international, national, community, family and individual level.
- strengthening of rights of migrants in the Czech Republic including areas of social security, education, labor market and health care
- development of skills, competencies, leadership and participation in community and political life among migrants
- creation of optimal conditions for effective adaptation and integration of migrants in the host society through education
- joining migrant and Czech majority together for common fight with stereotypes, finding and solving of common challenges
1. Project on involvement of migrants from third countries into volunteering activities in local volunteer and community centers as a tool for integration and empowerment (innovative approach for the Czech Republic). As a result migrant volunteers founded the handicraft studio and started organizing workshops and lectures on topic of their expertise for other migrant women. Our young volunteers founded an informal group and started their own projects on education, connection and mutual help of foreign and Czech students (dialog clubs, workshops, informational meeting, education support and psychological help).
2. Series of educational and psychological trainings for migrants and 3-months course on psychological self-help for migrant women “Pilgrimage to yourself“.
3. International project “All together on labour market” – education of migrants in the field of Czech legislation (AMIGA is a partner from non-governmental sector)
4. EACEA EU project “Active citizens combating youth unemployment-JOBNET” – research on best practices in the field of youth unemployment in the Czech Republic and 5 other countries in EU.
5. Erasmus+ project PRONET - youth social enterpreneurship hub (AMIGA was a coordinator, partners froom Germany, Spain, Romania, Hungary, Slovakia).
Sharing our key strategies:
-own “know-how’s ” (involvement of migrants into volunteering in local volunteer and community centers as a tool for integration, empowerment and inter-generational and inter-cultural dialogue and mutual support),
-wide involvement of migrants in the planning and management on all stages of all activities in our organization as well as into activities of the umbrella prganization of Czech NGOs - the Consortium of MIgrants Assisting Organizations in the Czech Republic and other national and international networks
-intensive collaboration with local and community NGO’s and community representatives and authorities
-active distribution of information about all activities for migrants available in the Czech Republic using social media and presentations,
-recruiting of migrants for participation in different social and education programs organized by other NGOs and Czech state and community institutions
To be a part of international community, to strengthen our coutry capacities and to support efforts of organizations and groups from other countries.