21 Decembrie 1989, nr. 108/22
- Democracy and community development
The mission of the Public Policy Center is to contribute to the improvement of public policy by conducting independent research, enhancing the information flow, and facilitating policy debate among various policy stakeholders.
To achieve this mission, CENPO has set the following objectives:
• to facilitate, develop and make available policy relevant scientific research and analysis on various policy issues;
• to promote and support the transfer of information, know-how and expertise regarding the policy making process;
• to initiate, develop and facilitate partnerships for the improvement of policy practice;
• to develop and support actions encouraging direct citizen participation in policy-making.
The Implications of Public Funding Regulation for the Service Delivery Agenda of CSOs (2010-2012) – the goal is to initiate a national debate on the implications of the increased willingness of public institutions to finance CSOs to provide public welfare services. Financed by CEE Trust.
Grassroots Europe for Local Wellbeing (2011-2012) – the main aim was to identify mechanisms allowing European citizens to develop civic competencies and seeks to enhance the dialogue between citizens and the institutions of the EU. Financed by EACEA
The Development of Wellbeing Indicators for Participatory EU Strategy Planning for Europe 2020 (2010-2011) – the main aim was to carry out context and policy analysis in order to develop an assessment on the implications for CSO engagement in development planning and community actions by the adoption of social indicators to measure prosperity and wellbeing. Financed by EACEA.
Training Program for Participatory Development of Local Policies for Civil Servants (2009-2010).
There are many ways in which CENPO can contribute to the Romanian ALF Network:
• increased visibility for the network through our many dissemination channels, discussion lists and forums we are members of.
• vast know-how in project development, management of public, private and European funds
• expertise in public policy development and analysis
• enabling learning and development for network members through our accredited courses on Public Policy and Strategic Planning
With it’s great reach and numerous members in the countries of the Union for the Mediterranean, we believe being part of such a prestigious network would benefit our organization tremendously. First of all because of the diversity of civil society organizations members the Network represents.
Second, because our organizations shares the same values the Network is based on: respect for democracy and diversity, strengthening and respect the rule of law and fundamental rights and freedoms.
We also believe we will benefit of the shared knowledge of all the members in the network and would be able to develop further projects in partnership with new organizations and with resources and information available to an ALF network member.