NGO “ From idea to development” (hereinafter – NILA) is established in 2009 and it takes action in the West of Latvia – in the small city Pavilosta which is a country- side area (along the River and Baltic Sea). NILA is established to encourage young people from country-side to be as competitive as those from big cities. NILA tries to offer different kind of possibilities that usually are not accessible in country-side, but only in big cities. The main objectives of the organization is social integration, education and development of human resources of young people in order to promote the development of Pavilosta district as well as to encourage participation of young people (in the civil life as well as European community). NILA tries to develop the ways of qualitative free time spending of young people in Pavilosta and to encourage young people to be aware of European citizenship. We stress on the importance of cooperation with young people of other European countries to broaden up the scope of young people from rural environment.
Pavilosta is a small town in the West Latvia with potentially active and educated youth. NILA is very motivated to raise the self-assessment and change the perception of life of young people with having limited financial and social resources. Creation of youth groups, lectures, joint activities, trainings and international experience are the main activities to achieve the goal - the social integration and active participation in social activities regardless the origin of the youth (decrease the gap of the possibilities between the youth in the cities and in the regions of Latvia). Support of Local Government, school and social workers is a key to organize the social inclusion in the town and involve the young people who require these activities the most.
NILA is proud of our young people who are really interested in cooperation with other European organizations to be able to get to know each other, to share experience, to discuss and to face with different cultures. Our young people are interested in outdoor activities (sports, games, socializing activities etc.) as well as in culture, education and cooperation activities.
NILA main objectiveas are:
1) To raise tourism activities in Pavilosta district as well as raise up competetiveness and capacity;
2) Support and develop social integration, human resource development;
3) To develop foreign cooperation of young people and senior integration;
4) To protect local environment.
NILA main activities are based on youth projects - both local and international as well as related with local community and integration development.
Our important project completed and ongoing:
1) Youth exchange project in Bulgaria: „Riverside youth sports”
2) Youth exchange project in Latvia:„Discover your values”
3) National innitiative project in Latvia: „Skrūve pie skrūves un – aiziet!”
4) Project „Jauniešu istaba” (youth room)
5) Project " Radi dzīvi pats!" (Create your life yourself)
6) Jauniešu istabas” regulāras un ilglaicīgas darbības nodrošināšana, stiprinot tās darbību un veicinot Pāvilostas novada jauniešu pilsonisko līdzdalību. (Youth room activity support and long term sustainability ensurance)
7) Youth exchange project in Sicily: COOLinary exchange.
And many other local project and activities innitiated by both - young people and NILA.
NILA is eager to get wider and wider scope, challanges and options to develop both - NILA and it's audience.
We see a good option to take part in ALFs conferences, activities, grant projects and build up cooperation with other ALF entities.