Fourth Intercontinental Youth Forum of iDove – Interfaith Dialogue on Violent Extremism
The Fourth iDove Intercontinental Youth Forum (IYF) will focus on practical and innovative solutions to challenges that you experience in your daily work in the field while implementing PVE initiatives – with particular focus on the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.The virtual format of the 4th iDove IYF presents the opportunity to virtually work together towards solutions in a creative way. iDove presents: a PV E-Hackathon. The word hackathon is a combination of the words "hack" and "marathon" where hack stands for experimental, creative problem- solving with a playful approach and marathon stands for the duration of the event. Participants of the 4th iDove IYF will work in small groups/ break-out sessions to encourage creative thinking, brainstorming, foster team-building and problem-solving that will lead to tackle real-life challenges the participants are facing in their daily PVE work.
What are my benefits?
- Become part of the iDove network of young PVE activists, creatives, policymakers & academics from all over Africa, Europe & Asia
- Increase your knowledge on soft power approaches to PVE – in particular, those involving interfaith dialogue
- Gain valuable insights for your own work by exploring the commonalities and differences in PVE between different world regions
- Learn more about mental health approaches to PVE and digital project management
- Participate in iDove’s first PV E-Hackathon, a three-day virtual bootcamp/ workshop
Can I apply?
- You are between 18 and 35 years old
- You are a citizen of a European, Asian or an African country
- You have proven experience in PVE and building social cohesion
- You have a concrete challenge you are currently facing and want to solve it using the Hackathon approach
- You are committed to and/ or experienced in interfaith dialogue and collaboration
- You are fluent in English or French
How to apply?
Please fill out the questionnaire (https://idove.typeform.com/to/aFvXXE9I) and attach your CV and any supporting documents for your application. The deadline for applications is EAT midnight October 12, 2019 12am CEST.