1.The Accademia ISA - Inter-religious Studies Academy has been established in September 2007. It has 12 charter members and 40 volunteers.
2.Yearly fixed incomes of the Association are around 12000 euros, coming from membership fees and voluntary deeds.
3.Other subventions are due to sponsorships by local authorities, public and private foundations, as well as to private donations.
4.The main activity of the association is Teachers and Students Training in the field of Inter-Religious Studies; this activity is developed by means of school lessons, seminars, production of multimedial and printed didactical materials, artistic and cultural events, research projects.
5.The training activities involve local authorities (i.e. Counselorships for Equal Opportunities, Integration, Education and Culture; Local School Offices), Universities and other associations with similar purposes (University of Milan; IHEI - Institut des Hautes Etudes Islamiques), as well as religious communities (i.e. the Rabbinic Assembly of Italy and the Italian Islamic Religious Community - COREIS)
The mission of the Accademia ISA is “to promote intellectual, educational and academic initiatives, at a national as well as at an international level, for a better and deeper knowledge of Abrahamic Religions” (Charter of the Association). The main objectives are:
- Teachers and Students Training about abrahamic religions, inter-religious dialogue and intercultural citizenship
- A better knowledge and mutual understanding between different religious communities
- A better knowledge and understanding between religious communities and civil society
- Enrichment and promotion of the Euro-Mediterranean cultural heritage
- Promoting activities against racism, anti-Semitism and religious discrimination
- Promoting the values of citizenship in the multicultural Europe, including equal opportunities and children rights
- Promoting multi-disciplinary research projects in the above mentioned fields
- Imam e Rabbini 2007/2008 (Imams and Rabbis 2007/2008) touring meetings in the main Italian cities (i.e.Ferrara, Milan, Turin, Genova, Florence, Rome), dealing with the main themes of spirituality and doctrines (faith and reason; mystics; intercultural brotherhood), which are developed each time by an Italian Imam and a Chief Rabbi in the aim of dialogue and spiritual convergence.
- Islamo-Christian Dialogue. Research project following the intellectual movement of "A Common Word between Us and You" (www.acommonword.org), in order to point out methods and subjects for a better undestanding between Christians and Muslims.
- Qui est le Prophète Mouhammad. Editorial project in partnership with the IHEI - Institut des Hautes Etudes Islamiques
- Voci di Pace nell'Europa multiculturale e multireligiosa (Voices for Peace in a multicultural and multi-religious Europe) - travelling show of didactical panels dealing with citizenship, inter-religious dialogue and Mediterranean heritage, in the cities of Milan, Turin,Vicenza and over)