Finnish Psychologists for Social Responsibility (FiPSR) was founded in 1982 by the Finnish Psychological Association, the Finnish Psychological Society and Finnish Psychology Students’ Association. (Lic 174667/1988). The Association is based in Helsinki, Finland. FiPSR does not have any paid workers, all activists are volunteers. The administration budget (2018) is 8100 €, funded by Finnish Psychological Association and Ministry of Education and Culture (applied). The development projects are funded by own fundraising and official development aid of Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland, (2018) 255 000 €. FiPSR is a member of Kepa, the umbrella organisation for Finnish civil society organisations (CSOs) who work with development cooperation or are otherwise interested in global affairs. FiPSR is partner in the International Network of Psychologists for Social Responsibility (INPsySR).
The aim of FiPSR is to promote the universal right to mental and social well-being of all people and encourage people of all professions to work for this aim. FiPSR operates through different projects and task forces. The Executive Board of FiPSR, consisting of a chairperson and 6-9 members, is responsible for all the operations of the organisation. The Executive Board is elected at the annual general meeting.
Main projects and activities:
- Local Activity Groups: seminars, excursions, voluntary work in co-operation with other organisations etc. Currently there are five local activity groups of FiPSR working in the capital area, Jyväskylä, Tampere, Turku and Satakunta (Pori, Rauma).
- Asylum Seeker -project in two centers for asylum seekers, capital area Partner in Global Clinic
- psychological help for people without official IDs
- The Storycrafting -network is a project creating contacts between children in different countries - children's own voice and narrative culture
- Extreme Survival Team – enhancing the physical activity of refugee children in Lebanon and arranging stress management workshops for social workers in refugee camps in Lebanon
- Solidarity Stitches - knitting group for Palestinian refugees in Lebanon
- Development projects supported by the official development aid by Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland Lebanon: Developing the children's mental health and special services in ongoing crisis: Beirut and South Lebanon (2017-2018). Continuation project 2019-2022 in planning. Turkey: Care for the Care Providers (2013-2015) Diyarbakır, Southeastern Anatolia region, Turkey. Continuation project in planning.
The study trip for the sponsors to Lebanon, September 2018
FiPSR can share all the experience and information concerning our projects in the area.
FiPSR works already a long period in the Near East and finds it helpful to be in contact to the network members.
FiPSR will be interested in to learn about funding possibilities through information by ALF.