"United Societies of Balkans" is a Non Governmental Organization, founded in Thessaloniki in 2008 by a team of active young people, socially sensitized, and with rich experience around voluntary programs. Their vision was the promotion of youth mobility, youth involvement in volunteering and their further sensitizing around social issues.
Balkans and Eastern Europe are geographical regions with many cultural features which offer a broad spectrum of actions and youth involvement initiatives. The organization was created as a respond to the pressure of constant changes in the Balkan and Eastern European region and under the need for the creation of a better social environment. Key areas of the organization's activities concern the defense of human rights, the organization of youth exchanges and training courses, which will bring young people from Balkans and Europe together, the organization of local educational seminars and multimedia production.
- To promote the values of non formal learning, volunteering, active citizenship and democracy for the creation of a better future for European youth.
- To promote human rights, solidarity and respect for diversity
- To involve with minorities and immigrants
- To build healthy cooperation bridges between countries of the Balkan area and that of Eastern Europe with the rest of Europe.
- To locate and multiply the special cultural attributes of our societies
- The break down of prejudices and stereotypes between Balkan countries
European Voluntary Service (Youth in Action Programme),Directorate General for Education and Culture from European Commission Project, Media Platform (web site, e-radio, web-TV). Also, a series of local seminars and workshops for the local community.