To promote democratic and pluralistic values, tolerance and freedom of opinion and expression in the Palestinian society through the three interviewed activities of media production, training and education.
The Center seeks to:
· Spreadthe culture of freedom of information
· Strengthen the skills of Palestinian journalists
· Build the capacity of the media and its sustainability and professionalism
· Raise the level of freedom of speech, Increase in the level and value of freedom of opinion and expression
· Raise the awareness of both journalists and citizens of their rights and duties
· Encourage the development and production of exemplary media
· Network with other partners and actors locally ,regionally and internationally and upgrading the Palestinian media
· Produce materials for the development of a democratic media
The Center conducts a variety of long and short term courses in printed press, TV and radio production and provides professional training to media professionals. It has a team of committed trainers and consultants with great expertise and long experience in various sub-specialties.
In cooperation with the faculty of Arts, the center also provides, through its staff and facilities, training programs for students in the Bachelor programs in the areas of television, radio and print media.
The Center’s facilities include a TV studio with five digital editing suites and four fully equipped radio studios, as well as press unit facilities that included computers linked to the Internet with software for graphic, magazine and newspaper design.