46 Makeonitissas Av.
- Human rights
The Mediterranean Institute of Gender Studies [M.I.G.S.] (Reg. no. 234) is a non-profit organisation which promotes and contributes to projects of social, political, and economic themes relating to gender. In the case of Cyprus, where the institute is based, a gendered perspective and feminist activism comes at a very crucial time to link, prepare, and promote the socio-economic and political ideals necessary for a smoother adjustment to the European Union membership
• Measures to integrate women refugees in the society in Cyprus and to promote a multi-cultural society, project funded by the European Refugee Fund and the Government of Cyprus
• Prevention of Violence against Girls and Women in Patriarchal Families, project funded by the European Commission, Transnational Exchange Programme Phase II
• Gender, Conflict and the Media: Working Towards Egalitarianism and Peace, a bi-communal project, funded by USAID,UNDP and executed by UNOPS
• Gender in the Mediterranean: Emerging Discourses and Practices, conference that took place 5-7 March 2004
• Role of Women in Economic Life, project funded by the European Commission.