Djoka Mirasevica 37/V
Our mission is to initiate and strengthen women’s/feminist artistic/cultural praxis deconstructing the concept of monolithic, ”universal culture”. That way we want to deny the idea of cultural re-presentations as universal ones, to show up them to be just constructions generated by the centers of (patriarchal) political power. So, our activity is based on the following principles: culture is not universal, culture is not non-political, culture is not non-gendered. By promoting feminine culture (par excellence culture of otherness) we are going to take part in the creation of new culture that would come out of truly interaction of different cultures - identities, social, political and aesthetic positions.
Our aims are:
- Initiating and organizing the art projects, workshops and educative programs;
- Women artists linking up and different networking forms;
- Establishing international cooperation with similar groups and organizations;
- Strengthening women’s arts infrastructure in Montenegro;
- Making influence on the culture policy creators.
So far, since January 2008. NGO NOVA has carried out following projects:
- Women in Media Mirror: Media Literacy and Gender Equality, chrestomathy,
- Culture is Feminine Gender - the film Pillar of Salt, 2008.
The projects currently under way:
- Culture is Feminine Gender - workshops “Am I a Feminist Artist”
- The History of Gender Representations in Montenegrin Media
- Montenegrin Women’s Private Life History
- Montenegrin Women’s History Museum