- Human rights
The GUPWD believes that all humans are equal.
As part of its 2010-2013 strategy, the GUPWD is working to achieve the following:
1. Empower disabled people in Palestine
2. Ensure the effective implementation of the 1999 Disability Law
3. Change societal attitudes towards disabled people and raise awareness of their rights
4. Strengthen its internal capacity and infrastructure in order to realise its goals
WHAT WILL WE BE DOING FROM 2010 TO 2012?
As part of its strategy for the next two years, the GUPWD hopes to be undertaking a variety of activities in order to achieve its goals. In addition to our usual advocacy work responding to the needs of our beneficiaries, our plans include:
• Summer and winter camps organised and run by the regional branches
• A national media campaign to help raise awareness of our existence and disability issues
• Various recreation programmes and other social activities
• Working in partnership with the United Nations on a joint project focusing on empowering disabled youths
• Working with the Palestinian Authority to enforce the ministerial regulations of the Disability Law (1999)