Anna Lindh Foundation Virtual Marathon for Dialogue - ALF Contribution to the 25th Anniversary of the Barcelona Process - Launch
On 30 September, the ALF officially launches the Anna Lindh Foundation Virtual Marathon for Dialogue in the EuroMed region - ALF Contribution to the 25th Anniversary of the Barcelona Process.
You can follow the livestream from 13.30 CET at the following link https://streaming.aistechnology.es/diplocat/200930/
The ALF, as the first institution created in the framework of the EuroMed Partnership/Barcelona Process, intends to contribute to the 25th Anniversary of the Barcelona Process by giving voice to its large network of civil society – Cultural operators – Opinion leaders – Educators – Think tanks and Universities – Partners - Youth – Men and Women to showcase a variety of cultural cooperation and solidarity initiatives in the EuroMed region, data and reflections on intercultural trends and areas to be strengthened for the promotion of intercultural dialogue for the future of social and cultural EuroMed cooperation.
Taking into consideration the symbolic and strategic importance of 2020 as the year of the 25th Celebration of the Barcelona Process, and the large mobilization made by the ALF community in preparation of MEDForum 2020, which had to be cancelled due to the outburst of COVID19, the ALF plans to launch by the end of 2020, a series of celebration and mobilization activities of civil society, institutional representatives, young people, the media and the academia framed by the Anna Lindh Virtual Marathon for Dialogue.
At this historic moment for the EuroMed cooperation, the Anna Lindh Foundation Virtual Marathon for Dialogue aims to offer a platform to analyse the orientations for the future within the current context but also to make even more visible the work for dialogue done at the institutional and grass-root level and that is still little known to the broad public.
The Anna Lindh Foundation Virtual Marathon for Dialogue consists in a series of cultural activities, weekly webinars on main issues for the promotion of EuroMed cultural cooperation, virtual trainings, seminars, exhibitions, debates led by the ALF Networks and partners, and building on all the work the ALF had done in preparation of MedForum 2020.
The main components of the Virtual Marathon for Dialogue include:
· A regional launch event on 30 September 2020, in partnership with IEMED as the Head of the Anna Lindh Foundation Spanish National Network
· The organization of a series of activities planned within the different programmes of the Foundation between September and December 2020 that will be the occasion to initiate the debate on the state and the future of EuroMed cooperation
· The presentation of the ALF civil society contribution during the UFM regional Forum between 25 and 27 November in close coordination with the Secretariat of the Union for the Mediterranean
· The launch of a social media campaign running through 2021 to broadly spread the messaging of the initiative and engaging a large audience and social media influences with a specific focus on youth
· A traditional media campaign and coverage of the Virtual Marathon for Dialogue activities at the EuroMed level
· A programme of virtual activities as mentioned earlier including regional conferences, workshops, exhibitions, trainings and debates in the first semester of 2021 to be organised in coordination with the ALF Heads of Network and network members as well as some of the ALF partners
· And final regional outcomes activity in Croatia in 2021 where we had planned to implement MEDForum 2020